Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
Hello,

I am finally getting around to running some of the other lines I need for my home.

I have my HR24-500 hooked up with the power inserter on the 4 way splitter on leg 1 and it automatically detected the new dish setup.

I had originally had my HR23-700 in the same position but we had more saved on the HR24.

I now have my HR34-700 on position 2 of the switch. When I Repeat Satellite Setup, and set the SL3 LNB, and have the RB/INTL as None like my other box, the Switch Type is SWM. When I Recheck SWM it says "Cannot detect SWM.

Does this need to be on leg 1 with the power inseter connected to it instead of the HR23?

Thanks in advance.

should not matter what port it's on, with a 775 though the hr34 is not seeing the dish.

What would be the best way to test? This is a straight cable run from the 4 way DirecTv splitter, leg 2 straight up to the HR34. Not that far of a run either. Only 2 connectors, brand new cable, RG6.

I used to install HSD internet cable so I am pretty good with making terminations. I have good connectors and good cable.

Any obvious things I should check?

I moved the cable down to port 3 and power cycled the Genie.

It automatically found the new dish setup, then got a 771 error, but kept going on the setup process and is now working properly with no errors.

The signal levels look good.

I only have 1 more receiver and there is a terminator on port 4 of this 4-way splitter so if I need to replace it, they are easy enough to get hold of.

Thanks for the assistance.

Reactions: HIFI
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)