New HR20 "Searching for Satellite"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talon1189

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2004
I just had a new HR20 DVR system installed 7 days ago. Today I get no signal at all. I unplugged the system for 1 hour then plugged back in..........Rebooted, checked all cable connections inside the house as per a call to DirecTV........nothing :mad: No guide......"searching for satellite" at the 3rd blue screen. I have service coming out Wednesday but maybe I can figure it out before then. No snow of rain in my area either :confused: Does anyone have any ideas?

I just had a new HR20 DVR system installed 7 days ago. Today I get no signal at all. I unplugged the system for 1 hour then plugged back in..........Rebooted, checked all cable connections inside the house as per a call to DirecTV........nothing :mad: No guide......"searching for satellite" at the 3rd blue screen. I have service coming out Wednesday but maybe I can figure it out before then. No snow of rain in my area either :confused: Does anyone have any ideas?

Have you run a system test yet ?
What are your signal strengh's ?

Jimbo

Have you run a system test yet ?
What are your signal strengh's ?

Jimbo
I just did test and satellite 103 (a) failed :mad: It says the recorder only detected 3 satellites while the setup is for 5 LNBs????? Anymore ideas? Thanks!

I just did test and satellite 103 (a) failed :mad: It says the recorder only detected 3 satellites while the setup is for 5 LNBs????? Anymore ideas? Thanks!

What kind of signals do you have on the rest of the sats, 101, 110, 119 ?
If they are zero or even below 50, I would think that your dish is out of alignment, maybe the installer didn't get everything tight ....
If it a case where you can get to your dish, have someone at a TV with the signal meter on, and slightly put pressure on either side of the dish and then up and down and see if you signal comes back. Only use slight pressure, you don't want to knock it out worse, just enough to see if you can find the signal.

Jimbo

What kind of signals do you have on the rest of the sats, 101, 110, 119 ?
If they are zero or even below 50, I would think that your dish is out of alignment, maybe the installer didn't get everything tight ....
If it a case where you can get to your dish, have someone at a TV with the signal meter on, and slightly put pressure on either side of the dish and then up and down and see if you signal comes back. Only use slight pressure, you don't want to knock it out worse, just enough to see if you can find the signal.

Jimbo
A signal 85+ on 101,110,119 satellites.......103 "NA" across the board......"signal failed" :mad: Does this mean that the dish is out of alignment? Thanks!

A signal 85+ on 101,110,119 satellites.......103 "NA" across the board......"signal failed" :mad: Does this mean that the dish is out of alignment? Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean that the dish is out of alignment?

No

Let me get this right, you have NO picture or banner and signal strenghs in the 80+

Do you get anything at all on the screen, any ext. numbers ?

Jimbo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean that the dish is out of alignment?

No

Let me get this right, you have NO picture or banner and signal strenghs in the 80+

Do you get anything at all on the screen, any ext. numbers ?

Jimbo
No picture..........Just the 3rd blue DTV screen that you would see if you rebooted the reciever. It goes to download the info and it stays at "Zero" percent...........Then goes to "searching for satellite signal".........then NOTHING.....extention 722 when I click "info" on the banner....."call customer service" if the picture don't appear in 2 minutes...... I get no signal on satellite 103 only....It Sucks
icon_ak47a.gif
Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:
No picture..........Just the 3rd blue DTV screen that you would see if you rebooted the reciever. It goes to download the info and it stays at "Zero" percent...........Then goes to "searching for satellite signal".........then NOTHING.....extention 722 when I click "info" on the banner....."call customer service" if the picture don't appear in 2 minutes...... I get no signal on satellite 103 only....It Sucks
icon_ak47a.gif
Thanks for the help :)

Are you suppose to get channels on 103, not all people get channels on the 103 and 99 yet.
You DID do a reboot already , right ???

What did D* say when you called with your ext. number ?

Jimbo

Are you suppose to get channels on 103, not all people get channels on the 103 and 99 yet.
You DID do a reboot already , right ???

What did D* say when you called with your ext. number ?

Jimbo
D** said they will sent out a technician out Wednesday (tomorrow) between 8:00am and Noon. I am expecting about 6 inches of snow tonight so who even knows if they will show or cancel. I will post back here Wednesday. I think the dish installer may have left something loose.....and the dish is mis- aligned.......who knows :confused: The installer took 4 1/2 hours to install the dish in -10 degree windshield factor....Brrrr...Just pisses me off that it worked perfect for 6 days then poof........nothing :(

Welp.........The tech just left my house and got my new HR20 DVR system back up in less than 10 minutes :D The problem was a defective Zinwell Module on the back of the DVR. I even got him to leave me a spare one :up I am glad that the HR20 unit itself was not defective and having to play the switch and go and waiting game with refurbished units :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)