New HR20 software 1/28 and 1/29

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am hearing we might get a modified version of last nights upgrade tonight:)

From thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=78130 Earl is saying:

THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE WINDOW TONIGHT
Monday, January 29, 2007 between 11pm - 1:30am EST

However... it might not be Benz - 0x11F
Your feedback on 0x11F has already been looked at, and worked on.
Seriously... you all said you wanted to make a difference, well... you are.

There is a reasonable chance, that tonights build... will be a Benz based build, with some of the things you already found... corrected.

I will probably get confirmation by 10:30pm (EST), what version is going to be there.

From thread http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=78130 Earl is saying:

THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE WINDOW TONIGHT
Monday, January 29, 2007 between 11pm - 1:30am EST

However... it might not be Benz - 0x11F
Your feedback on 0x11F has already been looked at, and worked on.
Seriously... you all said you wanted to make a difference, well... you are.

There is a reasonable chance, that tonights build... will be a Benz based build, with some of the things you already found... corrected.

I will probably get confirmation by 10:30pm (EST), what version is going to be there.
Well the new version 120 did fix my playback issue, when pausing live tv or rewinding, when going back to live, I use to get a pause (a few seconds) before the video would sync up, now it is correct.

Jimbo

I got both versions. No issues yet. I still havent activated networking after Santa. Waiting a bit more to test that since I still need my unit. I had so many issues with that release that I deactivated networking and OTA until they came out with 11b. Then I activated OTA but networking is still in mothballs. So far I really like the fixes.

I was not available to download this new update.. o well. :rolleyes:

How does one tell what software version is on thier HR20?

Go To :
Menu , Help and Settings, Setup, then it will highlight Info and Test, hit the select button, wait a few seconds and a different screen will pop up.
Your software original and current (updated) will show on the right.

Jimbo

Ugh, me neither. And my HR20 missed 2 recordings last night AND gave me a black-screen for a 3rd....did a RBR and other things but to no avail.

Guy's incase you are on the boards, the update IS still in the stream tonight !

Thanks Mr.Smith :) , saw one of your posts tonight !

Jimbo

Guy's incase you are on the boards, the update IS still in the stream tonight !

Thanks Mr.Smith :) , saw one of your posts tonight !

Jimbo

Downloaded just moments ago, and it is still in the stream. In case someone else wants to try right now.

I woke up this morning to a notice of new software, but it's failed three times now at various times of the download (it's hung at 1% right now, got to 52% the last time)

As I noted elsewhere, I had very poor service dealing with the update. The tech person had me erase the hard drive and force download the software, only to be caught in an endless reset loop (it wouldn't download satellite information or guide data). They finally decided that the box was bad and are sending a replacement. When I went to bed last night I unplugged the box. When I got up this morning, everything was working again! I frankly don't get it, although the box did download guide data, so I guess it's working. I'm not very confident though, after all the problems I had yesterday.

As I noted elsewhere, I had very poor service dealing with the update. The tech person had me erase the hard drive and force download the software, only to be caught in an endless reset loop (it wouldn't download satellite information or guide data). They finally decided that the box was bad and are sending a replacement. When I went to bed last night I unplugged the box. When I got up this morning, everything was working again! I frankly don't get it, although the box did download guide data, so I guess it's working. I'm not very confident though, after all the problems I had yesterday.

What update is on it now ?
It may have only loaded a pertial update previously, you could be good to go now !!
Maybe....

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts