New HR24/500 won't record two at once ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Judy Robinson

Original poster
May 8, 2019
Our old receiver crashed so DishTv sent us a HR24/500
India support is laughable and no help. No faults resulted from testing.
This seems to be concurrent with AT&T took over billing and bumped up the price ?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Judy Robinson!
Dish sent you a DirecTV dvr?

First, DISH did not send you a HR24-500.
Second ... Prices go up with D* once a year Feb/March .... thats IT.

I can't imagine what the conversation must have been if DISH sent you the HR24 ...

If you watch a program you can only record one other, there are only two tuners not three.

I posted

Check your recording history. We are seeing programs being 'cancelled due to an unexpected error (3)' since we got an update on 5/9.

texasbrit then followed

If you watch a program you can only record one other, there are only two tuners not three.

Is that what the (3) means? But we have a Genie with 5 tuners which I have confirmed in 'Genie info'. And I know we have recorded five things at a time in the past. I don't see the dual tuner option that TheTechGuru mentions

Yeah that. Hit Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Satellite > Repeat Satellite Setup > Dash (-) > Tuners > Dual

I get greyed out
Dish Type - SL3 LNB
RB/INTL - None Selected
Switch Type - SWM LNB 8 CH

I get a box that has the alignment info

And then menu options for
Continue
Recheck SWM - greyed out
Dish Pointing
Signal Strength
Cancel
Restore Settings

I don't see a tuner option. I do know that I have at least 2 tuners since two things recorded at midnight last night but am hoping I still have 5.

No, this thread is about the HR24 and recording two programs. Not about the Genie that has five. You hijacked the thread with your post.
Error (3) usually means the data the DVR received at the time of the recording did not match the data from the guide. Doing a clearmybox will refresh all the guide data and might solve this problem.
Which programs were showing this error?

No, this thread is about the HR24 and recording two programs. Not about the Genie that has five. You hijacked the thread with your post.
Error (3) usually means the data the DVR received at the time of the recording did not match the data from the guide. Doing a clearmybox will refresh all the guide data and might solve this problem.
Which programs were showing this error?

My bad, I'm not great on the model numbers, saw the /500 and that seemed familiar :) Sorry for hijacking this thread.

The last two shows that we know of that had this error were 'Good Bones' on HGTV Tuesday 8p and 'Seal Team' on CBS Wednesday 9p. We watched the programming todo list Wednesday night real close because of the problems Tuesday night and up until about 858p 'Seal Team' was on the todo list. About 915p we checked the playlist and it wasn't there. Thank goodness for OnDemand for both shows.

Not sure what a clearmybox is, I am VERY familiar with the red button though which I did overnight.

The OP hasn't been back since that 1st post 2 weeks ago .

Bob,
You have a Genie 34/44/54 or Tower HS17, all of which gave 5 tuners in them.
Therefore you should be able to watch 1 show and record 4 others.

The OP hasn't been back since that 1st post 2 weeks ago .

Bob,
You have a Genie 34/44/54 or Tower HS17, all of which gave 5 tuners in them.
Therefore you should be able to watch 1 show and record 4 others.
HS17 has 7

Sorry bad joke. I keep forgetting nobody can see my grin as I am typing.

Refers to an intermittent problem with your car making a noise but when you finally take it to the shop - NO NOISE

Like I said bad joke and inappropriate. Am I suspended?

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Sorry bad joke. I keep forgetting nobody can see my grin as I am typing.

Refers to an intermittent problem with your car making a noise but when you finally take it to the shop - NO NOISE

Like I said bad joke and inappropriate. Am I suspended?

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
Naw, we'll let you get away with it this time, but watch it! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)