New HWS & SJ Install - EHD Not Working - Help!

poops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
Just got my HWS and Super Joey installed today. They're both working fine...

The new equipment replaced my old 211 and 722 setup. On my old setup, I had an EHD connected to the 211 and it worked superbly.

I now have my EHD connected to the HWS. When I plug it into the USB port, the EHD lights up and act like it will work. However, the HWS is not recognizing the EHD. I spent about 30 min with Dish chat attempting to transfer the EHD content to the Hopper; with no luck. I asked the techie - "how can one transfer content if you cannot even see the source device..." They're sending me a new HWS in hopes it resolved the issue.

Does anyone have any insight as to how I can get the new HWS to recognize the hard drive and get it to work on the new setup?

Thanks to all in advance.

Unfortunately because the Hopper and the 211 system save recordings differently, one archives the other is an extension, they are incompatible. I apologize for any misinformation regarding this process.

Unfortunately because the Hopper and the 211 system save recordings differently, one archives the other is an extension, they are incompatible. I apologize for any misinformation regarding this process.

So, I'm completely SOL?? No other options?

The EHD will work on the HWS but it will delete all content that is on it, and reformat it. You will not be able to transfer that data over. It will be up to 72 hours before you have that capability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)