New Hybrid LNB coming Dec. 10

Any reason to believe that the new DPH is not a bolt (screw) replacement for the standard DPP1000.2 LNBF head? The reason wiuld be to upgrade my Winegard Trav'ler SK-1000 dish.

Any reason to believe that the new DPH is not a bolt (screw) replacement for the standard DPP1000.2 LNBF head? The reason wiuld be to upgrade my Winegard Trav'ler SK-1000 dish.
I'm sure Winegard will have a timely answer for you. :rolleyes:

This might have to be a self test project as "there no Hoppers in RVs", so why would Winegard check it out :)

The new hybrid lnbs (both western and eastern arc) have 3 ports. 2 are outputs and there is 1 input. A three hopper system would not be possible with a one dish hybrid solution. You would have to use the 1000.2 with a duo and solo node.

The new hybrid lnbs (both western and eastern arc) have 3 ports. 2 are outputs and there is 1 input. A three hopper system would not be possible with a one dish hybrid solution. You would have to use the 1000.2 with a duo and solo node.
Have you verified this, or is this speculative???

To be honest that makes sense, though. You're going to be able to cover a vast, vast majority of installs with two outputs. Most systems are going to have at most 1 Hopper + 1 Super Joey or possibly two Hoppers, which already precludes a Super Joey anyway. Since the DPP LNBs and switches as well as the Hopper nodes will still be manufactured and supported, makes sense to save money on the increased complication of trying to cram a third output in there that would only be used a single digit percentage of installs.

QUOTE="ChadT41, post: 3773751, member: 192526"]You happen to have a picture of the new LNB? We would love to see it.[/QUOTE]

image.jpg EA image.jpg WA

The hardware attachment looks the same. The question will be how does a Winegard Trav'ler determine what the satellites it has locked onto. I.e. does the Trav'ler tap the coax feeds and if it ddoes, will the data stream out of the DPH be okay.

So what about the 1000+ dish that has 110, 119, 129, & 118.7? Will it need a 500 side dish for 118.7 or can the 1000+ dish have an arm attachment for 118.7 for all the new LNBs?

For me, the DPH lnbf will be a "No Go" for my 118.7 installations. I'll stick with The 1000+ w/DPP Lnbf.
I have talked with a local retailer here, that is a friend, and he said that the new LNB will be installed on all new connects and DIU. Obviously this can change, but that was the most recent information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts