New IMG guide delayed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Digger262

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Valrico, FL
I'm a FIOS subscriber in the Tampa area and have yet to get the new IMG guide. From the sounds of it, that might be a good thing. But I was under the impression from here and the mailing I received from Verizon, I would be receiving it soon. That was a couple weeks ago. Anyone know if they have stopped updating subs until they get the bugs fixed?

Sorry to just jump in and ask a stupid question...
but, what is the IMG guide, and how can I tell if I have it?

If your box reboots randomly, misses DVR recordings, had short DVR recordings, doesn't have the capability to remove channels from the guide, adds the Spanish channels automatically to your favorites list... then you have the new guide! :) It's amazing!

If your box reboots randomly, misses DVR recordings, had short DVR recordings, doesn't have the capability to remove channels from the guide, adds the Spanish channels automatically to your favorites list... then you have the new guide! :) It's amazing!

Yep, thats what Ive got :)

I've been struggling with the DVR to record the series of a program called "How Its Made" on the science channel. They changed the way the program is named, and there is now How its made, How its made 2 and How its made 3, but no other title for each episode. I have all 3 titles set to record as a series, but I can be sitting there watching an episode, and notice that the box isn't recording. So I'll go through the DVR list to see if that one has recorded already- but there will only be 2 or 3 episodes in the DVR- and I know the program airs multiple times a day.

Funny that you are able to name the issues so quickly- every time I call customer service, they act surprised- like I'm the only person in the world having a problem.

Last edited:
FL got delayed and am hoping that was because they were going to try to fix the major bugs before releasing it.

everyone is saying it is a complete disaster. if don't understand how verizon messed up so bad.

I got an automated phone message over the weekend proclaiming that the new IMG would be appearing very soon. I'm in central NJ.

I certainly hope they've fixed some of the problems - the original was no great deal to begin with. While I really like the picture quality and programming on Fios, I really (really really) miss my Direct TV TiVo which was really smooth and bug free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)