New install, 5 LNB dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
I just switched from Dish. What do I have to do to get the 5 LNB dish installed, I would like to pickup Sat 119.

Is the 5 LNB dish larger than the 3 LNB dish? Do I have to request it in advance before the install? Is there extra charge for it?

Thanks

I just switched from Dish. What do I have to do to get the 5 LNB dish installed, I would like to pickup Sat 119.

Is the 5 LNB dish larger than the 3 LNB dish? Do I have to request it in advance before the install? Is there extra charge for it?

Thanks

It's the same dish, different LNB. Any reason you want the 5 vs 3? If you're locals require the 119 or you ordered certain programming that's on the 119 you'll get it but if you don't need it Directv won't install one.

The real issue is, What does the OP want to recvr from the 119 slot that isn't on the 99, 101 or 103 ?

Does he understand that only a select number of Locals and some music and thats about it is all thats there, maybe a foreign channel or two as well I think.

Hope and Jewish Life TV are the only 2 English TV channels on 119...oh also some of those knockoff shopping channels too (the ones that show paid programs 24/7)

There are a couple Spanish channels that are in say Choice Xtra that are on 119 (Mun2 410, Once 447, Enlance 448, HITN 449)

you might be able to persuade the installer to put one on there.

If he's in a market that only uses SL3S or SL3 getting an installer to do it is gonna be hard. We're only allowed to carry 1 SL5 and SL5S now so giving one up for no reason is almost impossible

I would try calling Directv and finding out who is the local install company and contacting them about it. If there is still a problem, an email to ellen.filipiak@directv.com explaining the situation should do the trick. Since there are music channels on 119 that are available on virtually all packages, it should never be an issue.

If he's in a market that only uses SL3S or SL3 getting an installer to do it is gonna be hard. We're only allowed to carry 1 SL5 and SL5S now so giving one up for no reason is almost impossible

Here in Minneapolis they had both SL3 & SL5 because of the Spanish speaking population. When I got my HD installed I wasn't aware of the music channels on 119 ;) so only got a SL3

Hope and Jewish Life TV are the only 2 English TV channels on 119...oh also some of those knockoff shopping channels too (the ones that show paid programs 24/7)

There are a couple Spanish channels that are in say Choice Xtra that are on 119 (Mun2 410, Once 447, Enlance 448, HITN 449)

You are right, I would like to get the Jewish Life channel, 366. It is listed in the Entertainment package.

You are right, I would like to get the Jewish Life channel, 366. It is listed in the Entertainment package.

You need to call and make sure the order is set up for a 5 then. Tell then you want to see that channel and they'll switch it to a 5

I'm a bit confused. If one orders certain programming that is available only by use of a certain antenna, then should that customer not receive the appropriate antenna with his installation?

I'm a bit confused. If one orders certain programming that is available only by use of a certain antenna, then should that customer not receive the appropriate antenna with his installation?

They should, but in markets with no sd locals on 119, they install the 3 lnb as a matter of course.

Yes BUT directv doesn't just put 5's up on every install. Could be cost or something else but my DMA we use a 3 excluding Spanish programming. Everything MOST people want comes off the 99,101, and 103 so we don't use many 5's. I actually used my SL5S 2 days ago that has been on my trick for nearly 5 months

Yes BUT directv doesn't just put 5's up on every install. Could be cost or something else but my DMA we use a 3 excluding Spanish programming. Everything MOST people want comes off the 99,101, and 103 so we don't use many 5's. I actually used my SL5S 2 days ago that has been on my trick for nearly 5 months

I'm guessing that's because most customers have no idea there are channels on 119 that they aren't getting.

I'm guessing that's because most customers have no idea there are channels on 119 that they aren't getting.

Most customers don't even know what satellites are even being used. Hell, some don't even realize they're getting a dish installed!

They should, but in markets with no sd locals on 119, they install the 3 lnb as a matter of course.

Even if the customer specifically orders a certain package with a service that requires the 5 lnb setup? If so, that is not logical.

Even if the customer specifically orders a certain package with a service that requires the 5 lnb setup? If so, that is not logical.

unless you order a Spanish package you will get a SL3 if you live in a market with no SD locals on 119

on the D* site they do have that note at the bottom of the programming package page

*The following channels require a special dish or equipment: MHz, GEM NET, Hope Channel, JLTV, Once, HITN, V-Me, Enlace, Golden Eagle Broadcasting, and Free Speech TV. Please call 1-800-531-5000 for more information.

so that brings me to this thought....if you wanted Mhz which is on 95W will they install a dish for free? doubt it but it is part of the packages

Most customers don't even know what satellites are even being used. Hell, some don't even realize they're getting a dish installed!

LOL....."What is THAT THING for?!!"...
I actually had a few customers react in this manner when I showed them the antenna. As if they had no idea this was part of the system. Unreal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)