New install, 5 LNB dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes BUT directv doesn't just put 5's up on every install. Could be cost or something else but my DMA we use a 3 excluding Spanish programming. Everything MOST people want comes off the 99,101, and 103 so we don't use many 5's. I actually used my SL5S 2 days ago that has been on my trick for nearly 5 months

I'm guessing that's because most customers have no idea there are channels on 119 that they aren't getting.
I'm guessing that the majority of subs are not interested in the few channels that are on the 119 in the first place.

That said, I doubt if it's even asked ...

A better way to look at this issue is to actually see what packages are involved with the channels that are on the 119, all others can be eliminated.

A better way to look at this issue is to actually see what packages are involved with the channels that are on the 119, all others can be eliminated.

Hope and JLTV are on all packages (even Family)
The Sonic Tap channels vary on package...as example on Entertainment there are only 3 whereas on Choice Xtra there are 10.

Hope and JLTV are probably considered Public Interest and you have to have a % of channels on each satellite for PI channels.

Hope and JLTV are on all packages (even Family)
The Sonic Tap channels vary on package...as example on Entertainment there are only 3 whereas on Choice Xtra there are 10.

Hope and JLTV are probably considered Public Interest and you have to have a % of channels on each satellite for PI channels.

WHAT ?
I am suppose to get HOPE and JLTV all this time ... Damn, look what I've been missing, thanks SL3 SWM Installer for putting in the wrong dish for me ...

Fire that installer ...

Oh, that was Me !

WHAT ?
I am suppose to get HOPE and JLTV all this time ... Damn, look what I've been missing, thanks SL3 SWM Installer for putting in the wrong dish for me ...
call Directv and say I NEED both Hope and JLTV ;)
funny as JLTV is Jewish and Hope is 7th day Adventist

Fire that installer ...

Oh, that was Me !

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
no. You can call Directv and say "I can't view the Hope Channel" or "Jewish Life TV" and the CS rep sets up a install order to swap a LNB to the SL5

Just called Directv and they will be installing the 5 LNB, no problems. Also I rescheduled the install, I didn't know they install on Saturdays.

Thanks

how do you know if your in a 3LNB market? I don’t want a 5LNB due to LoS…. Conn

what locals do you get?
actually for Connecticut its really simple...if you're in Fairfield County you get NY locals which are on 101 (SD)
The rest of the state gets Hartford which is on 119 for SD. Now this is where stupidity shows up. All the Hartford locals are in HD on 99 &/or 103 so you really dont need a SL5 but DIrectv requires it. If you go through a local retailer they can do a 3 LNB setup

You are in a 5 lnb market. I have a 3 lnb, but I installed it myself.

I posted a few weeks ago about "moving home" to get a Genie up and also asking for a 5 LNB install. I am still planning on doing this soon, and wondering if they will actually do the 5 LNB or if I should just buy my own 5 LNB thingy and slip the guy a $20 and ask him to install and point it... A good number of my neighbors have 5 LNB dishes so I know they have them...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts