This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New install coax question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcm13

Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My system was installed today(8/15). I have (1) HR24, (1) H24, & (2) SD units...MRV w/ Sunday Ticket promo, great deal! The 4 tv's are supplied with 15 year old rg59 coax. I asked the installer if he was going to run new rg6. He said no, the rg59 "is as good or better than rg6 for single line". Is this true? Should I run new rg6 myself? The picture quality is comparable to the Comcast HD I had. I thought about refusing install, but when I saw I was getting the (2) 24 model units I didn't want to send the guy away. Also, is it better to connect the units with phone line or cat5 to my DSL router? Or both? Thanks!

Rg6 is prefered and a requirement from Directv for install. I would request that the sytem be installed properly.

DO NOT plug your receivers into your router. This will disable the DECA unit built in and kill your MRV function. A DECA unit should have been installed when the system was put in to connect you to the internet. A phone line will be fine to do PPV if that is all you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.