New install.....Help w/ connections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Northeast PA
Everything is fine except:

#1..I have an HD DVR...How do i get Dolby to work? Dolby works on my DVD component...But not on my D* receiver.... I have an AV receiver with no HDMI.. I patched optical cable from D* rec. to AV rec...still no Dolby..I patched optical cable from D* rec. to TV.. still no Dolby.. What' am I doing wrong? (Could it be my that AV rec, has no HDMI?) If so, what do I do?

#2.... I have a SD tv in the same room. There's a coax from this tv to my HDTV.. I want to "mirror" the D* signal from HDTV to SD tv.... How or where do I connect coax?

Thank-you

======================================

Smitty, U da Man......How 'bout my other question?

You cannot directly connect a coax to the HD receivers as there is no RF out. You can do one of several things: buy an RF modulator, taking the composite outputs from your receiver to it and then use the coax. 2.) Use VHS deck to modulate your RF 3.) If your SD set has composite inputs, get a long set of RCA cables (they come to at least 50') and connect that way. Those are all I know of. I use the RF modulator. It is not ideal but it works.

In all these cases be aware that the SD image will be squeezed and distorted. It will make everyone look thinner. :cool:

The way i did it b4 was; just split the signal, going back to the SD tv..But now, there's no CATV post on the back of the D* rec., to do so.........How about the orange coated post, marked "Coax"?

orange rca connection is digital coax, which is just an rca cable for audio, similar to optical for 5.1 you can also buy compression rca connectors and rg6 and make some sweet ass rca cables.... :D

You cannot directly connect a coax to the HD receivers as there is no RF out. You can do one of several things: buy an RF modulator, taking the composite outputs from your receiver to it and then use the coax. 2.) Use VHS deck to modulate your RF 3.) If your SD set has composite inputs, get a long set of RCA cables (they come to at least 50') and connect that way. Those are all I know of. I use the RF modulator. It is not ideal but it works.

In all these cases be aware that the SD image will be squeezed and distorted. It will make everyone look thinner. :cool:
=================================
Thanks HDinCincy, I bought an RF Mod. I do notice the "squeezed look"... But it works 4 me ... I usually use it during football season when the guys come over...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts