New install help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PAPA_BEAR

Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Ontario
Hello everyone. I'm new to this and was told by Rob from GoSatellite.ca to post here for any questions I have. So here goes.

Equipment list purchased from GoSatellite.ca

Coolsat 6000 Premeium.
Fortec 35" dish
Invacom Quad LNBF.
STABB HH90 Rotor.

Question #1
Want to find out how to find the closest satellite to my location. My location is 43.30.36 lat. 80.11.38 long. (postal Code N1L 1J1)
Dish elevation set at. 38.2, Just want to find out how to find the closest satellite to me to set the "0" point on my rotor.
At present my dish is mounted and pointing South. Rotor works I've played with it but without setting up my reference satellite all my angles are wrong. Please give step by step instruction as to what I need to do to set up my first satelite.

Question #2 LND Setting for the CoolSat 6000. Not sure what they need to be set at.

LNB setting is "single" and 10750

Since your true south is off by a degree, you will need to go into the motorized setup. Select AMC5 as your satellite and scroll down to the bottom where it says motor. Scroll so it says "USALS" and enter your latitude/longitude and save it. the motor will move to AMC5. Then you aim the dish/motor at the satellite. Otherwise your settings will be off and you won't get a picture :)

Make sure you've got the coax plugged into the "L" port and not the "C" one.

Make sure you set the motor to your latitude and LOCK IT DOWN. Any elevation adjustments will be made on the dish itself.

A strong TP on 79 west to use for aiming is 11742 V. 11900 H is another strong one.

Use only small movements when aiming the dish. 1/8" at a time and wait for the receiver to respond.

Linear birds are a little more tricky to get than circular ones. Just be patient! :)

Also make sure whatever your dish is mounted to is LEVEL, as close to perfect as you can get. it makes a huge differance with the motorized setups.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)