New Install Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sure, you'll have to let me know how first. I'm still learning the system.

Well it's really easy! Hit the menu button, then go to setup, system setup, satellite and antenna, then view signal strength. From there you can switch between the different satellites. I'm curious what signal strengths you get on 110 and 119.

Thanks for the help, I just haven't had time to 'play' with the new setup yet.

OK, signal strength's are as follows, 99(c) is 94%. 101 is 95%. 103 is 95%. 110 is 74%. 119 is 51%, but flashes 'not acquired' regularly.

My guide information is correct, last night I was only able to see a few days in advanced, but when I looked this morning, I can see out fourteen days. Last night there were programs that were set to DVR and I only set it to first run and it recorded programs last night regardless of first run or not. I looked today and now the schedule is set to only DVR new ones.

so you have a partial line of site issue.....51 on 119 if its TP23 that is the spotbeam for the couple Buffalo SD locals that arent in HD and should lock fine

Thanks for the help, I just haven't had time to 'play' with the new setup yet.

OK, signal strength's are as follows, 99(c) is 94%. 101 is 95%. 103 is 95%. 110 is 74%. 119 is 51%, but flashes 'not acquired' regularly.

My guide information is correct, last night I was only able to see a few days in advanced, but when I looked this morning, I can see out fourteen days. Last night there were programs that were set to DVR and I only set it to first run and it recorded programs last night regardless of first run or not. I looked today and now the schedule is set to only DVR new ones.

With the low numbers on 110 and 119, I'm guessing he called and got a waiver to authorize your setup. Normally those numbers are too low to get a new receiver/dvr authorized. Like Ice said, on sd, 51% is enough to get a signal, but not by much. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

I know, but I do not care about any SD locals. I am gong to be ordering the AM21 module so I can get my local CW station in HD. As far as I know, there aren't any other stations that are on 119.

Thanks for the info!

119 is where the guide data comes from when you have a 5 lnb, so if it doesn't always show correctly, it's probably because of the low signal strength numbers.

Nope, no waiver. He did a trick to fool the receiver. The screen came up and had big X's through 110 and 119, he then changed the dish to an 18" round dish and ran the install again. Once it completed, he reset the dish to the slimline 5 and the setup was done. The installer called it a loop hole that direct hadn't figured out yet. Don't quote me on the exact procedure, he was very fast, but that is how he explained it to me.

Alls I know is that it works!

I know, but I do not care about any SD locals. I am gong to be ordering the AM21 module so I can get my local CW station in HD. As far as I know, there aren't any other stations that are on 119.

Thanks for the info!

other than CW & My the only English channels on 119 are
JLTV (Jewish Life TV)
Hope Channel
Mun2 (a mix between English and Spanish...they have replays of WWE Raw & Smackdown in English) :)
and a few of the audio only channels

Thanks.

Iceberg, do you know the cost of the AM-21 through directv? I know solid signal has it for $60, just wonder if that is a good price or not.

50 + sales tax

I ordered one from D* online and it was like 53 and some change

sign into your account
select "equipment"
then select "accessories" and it shows the AM21

you can have it shipped to ANY address you want :)

edit: just checked my orders...53.44 with shipping/tax (free shipping and in MN we have 6.875% sales tax so the total will vary depending on your tax )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)