New install questions 2 receivers and 5 TVs

wildcatkit52

Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
Arkansas
My parents are building a new house and. Currently have Dish network. Their current system is one receiver and two TVs.

The new house will be 5 TVs and 2 receivers.

How will the wiring need to be ran? Right now there is one cable from each tv location AND one cable for each reciever ran outside the home.

Is this the proper wiring? I want to make sure when the Dish people show up they don't have to run any additional cables outside walls on the house. Both receivers are to be co-located on a shelf under the stairs in the center of the house.

Current receiver is a 625.

For what you describe two would do. I'd go ahead and run three to allow for other switching options or a two Hopper system.

Current is dual and new install would be two dual. Area is well ventilated. What my concern is that all the wiring is ran properly before walls are insulated.

One receiver will run two rooms and the other will run three rooms.

As it is set up now there are only two cables running to the location that both receivers will be.(1 for each receiver) Is this all the Dish guy will need?

Yes, you can run duo receiver such as the 625 off a single cable, even when it has the TV2 backfeed diplexed in.

Current is dual and new install would be two dual. Area is well ventilated. What my concern is that all the wiring is ran properly before walls are insulated.

One receiver will run two rooms and the other will run three rooms.

As it is set up now there are only two cables running to the location that both receivers will be.(1 for each receiver) Is this all the Dish guy will need?
As long as you are using SD receivers and TVs it will work. When you replace the existing TVs they will need HD signals which currently don't go over coax. I would suggest conduit to all TV locations so future needs can be pulled.

wildcatkit52 said:
My parents are building a new house and. Currently have Dish network. Their current system is one receiver and two TVs.

The new house will be 5 TVs and 2 receivers.

How will the wiring need to be ran? Right now there is one cable from each tv location AND one cable for each reciever ran outside the home.

Is this the proper wiring? I want to make sure when the Dish people show up they don't have to run any additional cables outside walls on the house. Both receivers are to be co-located on a shelf under the stairs in the center of the house.

Current receiver is a 625.

If it were my house I would run two rg6 lines from a central location, say next to the electric breaker panel, to each tv location. I would also run two cat 5/6 cables as well as a phone line. And have it all in conduit with enough extra room in it just incase you need to add something later down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts