New install questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Alraoght what about that had extra pack does anyone have it or overall is it just a waste of money and 2. Is the only difference between the hr-54 and the hr-44 is the deducted swim

the hr44 is lacking the 2 extra tuners that will be used for the DSWM LNB. afaik those are only going to be used for 4k when they start broadcasting that live anyway.

if you're looking for more than the 5 tuners with the genie system you will need to get a HD receiver or a HD DVR receiver. neither of those will be free though because D*s promo will only cover the genie and 3 mini's. so you're going to pay full price for those unless you wait the 2 years to renew your contract and try to get those at that point.

Alright another question can the direct tv install tech use the same dish mount that the current dish is using as I would prefer to not have another dish installed on the roof

most techs probably wont use an existing mount, especially from Dish, because it 1) wont pass a QA inspection (if a manager comes out and checks it) or 2) it simply wont fit properly. if the tech has to put a pipe over the top of the current mount and screw it together, its a service call waiting to happen.

Alright I will just have them mount it closer to the dish that they can how do I tell them that they will most likely need to bring a bucket truck to the install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)