New Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rr7296

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
My father just had directv installed and I wondered if it is normal for the installer to install all HD receivers even though my parents have no hd tv's. The installer installer 1 HD DVR and 2 HD receivers. Thanks.

It's probably because that is all he had available. I would double check the account to see if they were charged for the HD receivers as they would be more expensive than the SD ones.

BTW, what models were installed?

I'll check tomorrow for the models. He said the guy told him that is all they install now so if a customer upgraded to HD then Direct doesn't need to send any other receivers??

I haven't heard that yet. aside from the R22 which can be activated later for HD viewing with the right dish installed.

I get a few work orders for Slimline 3 LNB/Dish for just SD customers, but not as a standard yet.

Fathers Directv install

I work as an independant contractor for Directv in Nebraska. We were one of the first DTV Regions to have the new "One Dish System" that includes your locals with this one dish. Directv has decided with the craze of HD television to only install HD receivers to save huge money in the field!!!

It is a simple programming task if you are an HD subscriber or a non HD subsrciger. This way if you decide a week or year or 3 yrs down the road to upgrade to HD it is just a simple phone call to activate your HD programming.
Kurt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts