New Install

olaf455

Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
South Central Wisconsin
I have the 722dvr and 222k receivers and a 1000.2 dish. I am installing myself and need to know if I need to use a switch between the dish and receivers. I have a DP43 switch that could be used.
Just to be sure, do I run a separate coax from each output on the LBN (there are 3 out and one in) to the switch? There are four outputs on the switch, do i connect 1 and 2 to the first receiver and 3 and 4 to the second?
Thank you for any help you can provide.

You need to run 3 coax cables to the switch, one for each satellite location. I would put 119 on port 1, 110 on port 2 and 129 on port 3. With the DPP44, you only need a single cable run to the dual tuner receivers. Use a DP separator for a single cable run to the receivers.

Edit: Yikes! Like the others said, you don't need a switch. The 1000.2 dish will feed up to 3 receivers (dual or single). I should read the entire post before posting. :(

Last edited:
No, you do not need a switch between 1000.2 and up to 3 dual-tuner receivers. If the switch you have is a DP34, do not use that at all since it doesn't know how to shut off the switch internal to the 1000.2.

So do I still run all 3 cables from the dish? Or do I run two cables from dish, one to each receiver?
What would be the ideal setup from the 1000.2 dish to my two receivers?

Thanks again for your help.

you would only need one cable run from the LNB to the receiver. Use the "separator" on the back of the reciever to get both tuners to work

LNB output 1--------------------------------separator-----2 cables into the 722
LNB output 2--------------------------------separator-----2 cables into the 222

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)