New install

bonnieville

Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Good day folks.

My in-laws are currently with Verizon/Frontier for their TV service.

They are going to be changing by the 18th of February.

Currently have one HD tv and two SD tvs'.

What is the latest equipment available for the best install.

They currently have a Multiroom HD DVR and two SD STBs'.

Any and all comments or questions will be answered as best as I can.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Frank

Good day folks.

My in-laws are currently with Verizon/Frontier for their TV service.

They are going to be changing by the 18th of February.

Currently have one HD tv and two SD tvs'.

What is the latest equipment available for the best install.

They currently have a Multiroom HD DVR and two SD STBs'.

Any and all comments or questions will be answered as best as I can.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Frank

One HDDVR like a 622/722/722k might suffice. Any of those three receivers will feed one HDTV and one SDTV. If both SDTVs do not need to be used at the same time, the TV2 output from the receiver can be run to both HDTVs. Any of those three receivers will allow for recording two programs from satellite and at least one OTA. The 622/722 comes with a built-in OTA tuner module for recording/viewing one OTA program. The 722k has an optional module that allows for recording two OTA programs simultaneously with two from the satellite. The receiver's monthly cost is part of the programming package cost. There is a $6 per month DVR fee over the programming package cost. This is the cheapest solution. External hard drives can be added to increase storage.

If you need both SDTVs to have independent programming, you can add another receiver like the 211/211k. It has a monthly cost of $7 and can be turned into a single tuner DVR with a one time $40 fee. There are obviously other combinations that would work, but these are the best routes I think. I really wouldn't want any of the SD receivers just in case you decide to upgrade any of the SDTVs to HD.

Good day and thank you for your reply.

Believe we need to make a trip to one of our local installers and get some more answers.

Have a great day.

Frank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)