New installation help for condo in Auburn, AL

AUTIGERS1101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Huntsville, AL
My family currently has Dish Network service here in Huntsville, AL, but my parents recently bought a condo in Auburn, AL where I will be attending school in the fall. Only problem is, there are limited places where I can put the dish. My condo is the most north of the building I am in, which of course will cause problems. There is a fence dividing the back porch of each unit, so this is a viable place to put a dish. It sticks out pointing directly east. From using various websites, it seems as if the 61.5 satellite would be easily seen from this spot, but 110 or 119 would need to be in the front yard. Is this correct? I know we have two different dishes at my home here, but I don't know if they have since made a one dish solution to get both the 110/119 satellites and the 61.5. Do I need to give them special instructions when ordering? I am making a special trip down for the installation so I would hate for it to be cancelled because of a blocked view. Thanks.

First off, Dish is no longer supporting the 110, 119, and 61.5 setup. You could do that, but you would be missing a lot of HD channels since Dish is moving HD from 61.5 to 72.7. Now the locals for Auburn, AL are coming from Columbus, GA and lucky for you those locals are coming from 77, meaning you would need an eastern arc dish pointing towards the southeast. Eastern Arc orbits are 61.5, 72.7 and 77 so you wouldn't need 110 or 119.

thanks for the responses. I hate to ask so many questions, but I've been out of the loop for a while. I used to browse around here almost every day a few years ago, but the last year or so I haven't.

I ordered Americas Top 120+ w/ all the various promotions.. including the sling adapter one. I believe I signed up for the enewsletter thing when I created a dishonline account. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is that I might not receive a 722 receiver, but a 622 instead. Are 722s standard now or do they still install 622s?? When I checked out it told me I would receive 2 622/722s.

It depends on the warehouse in your location. My office just received over 100 622's for installs and upgrades. We have to burn through all of them until another shipment is delivered. Our New Connect work orders call for "622/722".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)