new installation question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Roy99664

Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
I have a 1.2 meter "Channel Master" dish with a "SK Series" ( no other indentifyng marks) LNB with 2 leads coming off of it. It's about 5 years old. I'm doing a new install with 5 TVs. Dish Network is giving me 2 dual tuner recievers and a single reciever. Will I be able to do the install with the LNB I have, or will I have to upgrade? The tech said I should be fine, but Im not entirely convinced He was very knowlegable on the subject.

Thanks
Roy

I guess "giving me" is not the correct term. I signed up for Dish Network, and that's the equipment they said they were going to provide. Our local phone company is the dealer and they are just too busy to get to me before freeze up so I asked if I could do the install myself. I already had the Dish and LNB so I wanted to save the cost of a new dish if I didn't need one.

I guess this isn't the place to ask questions. I'm just trying to do my own install. If you don't want to help please don't belittle me. Just asked a simple question and was hoping to get it answered.

Not where I live! If you don't want to answer the question I originally asked, then go find someone else to "help".

I have a 1.2 meter "Channel Master" dish with a "SK Series" ( no other indentifyng marks) LNB with 2 leads coming off of it. It's about 5 years old. I'm doing a new install with 5 TVs. Dish Network is giving me 2 dual tuner recievers and a single reciever. Will I be able to do the install with the LNB I have, or will I have to upgrade? The tech said I should be fine, but Im not entirely convinced He was very knowlegable on the subject.

Thanks
Roy

Your LNB will not work. I am not familiar with the particular brand of LNB you mention, but I can tell you that it will not work for what you want because you said it only has 2 leads.... You need new equipment... sorry.

Thank You. I'll do some make some calls and see can find a LNB that will work.

Thanks again,
Roy

For anyone that's interested, it can be done. I now have Dish Networks 625, 322, and 311 receivers all working off of one feed from the LNB. 5 rooms of TV capable of watching different programs at the same time.

I am Brand New to FTA and need some assistance. I have an FTA dish and CableTV. Can someone tell me if the following installation is correct:

Place a DiSeq switch at the dish and run RG6 coax from that switch to 1 room. This one is done.

Next comes the hardest part.
After the DiSeq splitter and a short coax, attach a Diplexer to combine the FTA signal with the Cable TV signal on 1 coax cable.

At the ViewSat-Ultra receiver end - place a reversed Diplexer, a short coax, then an Inline Satellite Signal Booster and another short coax to the FTA receiver and out to the appropriate TV input (in my case AV3).

Then, from the same Diplexer to the Cable TV box and out to the TV.

I am adding the inline signal booster because of a loss of signal due to the DiSeq & Diplexer switches and short coax cables. Does this all sound feasible?

My next project: I have a 36" dish w/motor nearly all set up but I don't want to chew off more than I can bite. That will come later, much later........... lol. Thank you!

For anyone that's interested, it can be done. I now have Dish Networks 625, 322, and 311 receivers all working off of one feed from the LNB. 5 rooms of TV capable of watching different programs at the same time.

What kind of switch did you add to the system? Dish Switches require 1 line per Satellite you are trying to receive. Have you verified that you are getting all your programming?

You made it sound like all you had was a dish, LNB and the receivers... if I knew you had a switch lying around you could use that would have changed everything :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)