Status
Please reply by conversation.

memphismafioso

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Los Angeles
Yes, I'm a newb.

I have the installers coming out this week to install my new Triple LNB Dish w/HR-10 250. I bought a Winegard SquareShooter SS-2000 (the amplified model) and two Terk diplexers. I will require two drops to the HR-10 250 and I obviously want to diplex the antenna feed on one of those drops. My question is regarding the power supply for the amplification of the antenna.

Where in the line do I insert the power supply for the amplified antenna? The diplexers are compatible with amplified antennas. Will the HR-10 250 have a problem talking to the Dish if it is diplexed on one of the drops with the powered/amplified antenna?

The Winegard manual mentions that I don't need the power supply for the amplified antenna if my diplexers are power passive. Is this because my receiver is sending power up the line to the built in switches in the Triple LNB?

Can someone set me straight?

I have the dish 811 receiver with an amplified OTA Terk antenna with terk diplexers. There is no separate power supply to the antenna. The receiver's supplies power to the LNB as well as the OTA antenna.

Hope this helps.

Ashoo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts