New ITVN Software Available!!!

Captain591

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
I just turned my box on and was prompted that the new software is available. I downloaded it. New graphics are cool...no new programming yet though. (Version 2.55430)

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
New programming will be there next week. :)

This is quite an improvement over the previous software. :D

Just finished the download and looking forward to the improvements.

Programming next week? I thought it was suppose to begin tomorrow (1st)?

Yeah, it's listed on their website now. September 5th. Nothin like changin the launch at the last minute, a few hours ago it said the 1st. Also, I can no longer access MAV TV.

The plan has always been the 5th, the plan was new software this week and the new channels next week after labor day (this way if people needed help with anything support would be available and not away on a long holiday weekend) :)

Not that it really matters (I have no problem waiting a few more days) but you could not go to anywhere on the ITVN site and not see "AVAILABLE SEPT. 1" all over the place.
What was suppose to be available on September 1st?

fluffybear said:
Not that it really matters (I have no problem waiting a few more days) but you could not go to anywhere on the ITVN site and not see "AVAILABLE SEPT. 1" all over the place.
What was suppose to be available on September 1st?

new software .. and new programming packages ...

starz/encore package with ondemand ... the entertainment package and a few of the other channels were due to launch on 1st September too according to the website from last week .. but they changed that date to Sept 5th ... software has been released now - but packages and enhanced software i assume will be available on 5th now instead.

I called ITVN on Friday August 25 to update my billing information. My XTV was off because my credit card had expired and I had to give them the new one. Great customer service by the way, he answered very quickly. I updated my card, and asked about the Starz package and when it would be available. He told me September 1. I asked if I could add the package now, and he told me the best thing to do would be to call back on the 1st. I was also showin one of my friends the ITVN web site last night and it still said the 1st. I noticed at about 10pm it changed to the 5th.

Hopefully the launch date won't change again cause im really lookin forward to see how it is. Right now I have Adelphia HD (not sure if it's Comcast or Time Warner now cause of conflictin stories from employees...lol) cable and Dish HD Platinum. Starz on demand is the only reason I still have Adelphia, I would love to get rid of the cable. Payin for 2 sets of premiums really sux. Plus, Adelphia on demand in my area is not always too reliable. Given the history of my XTV, I think it will work out better for me anyway. Im sure it will be a great addition to ITVN once it gets going. Im sure it will even get some cable customers in a similar situation to me switch to E*. Customers that want the HD but don't want to give up Starz on demand.

We launched the new software yesterday (a day before schedule) and the new programming is still set to go live on Sept 5th

Itvn

does nayone know what some of the channels are going to be when the $9.99 per mo. package goes live on the 5th? I just ordered the receiver (found a link offering free S/H) and had to sign up for the Setana package, the other one wasn't available yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts