New LCD TV won't detect channel 60

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TominKY

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I recently purchased a new LCD HDTV that will be run off of TV2 on my 522 dual channel receiver, which means I will have to use the coaxial antenna input on the TV. Last night, I plugged it in for the first time, and I could not get the autoprogram for the TV to recognize channel 60, which is the channel that I use for TV2. I know there is a signal for this channel, because the old analog TV that was hooked up to the same outlet can pick it up just fine. I also noticed that my VCR has trouble "seeing" anything on channel 60. Is this some type of technical glitch involving digital versus analog signals? I am a little mystified that the VCR's tuner cannot get anything on channel 60 either, as this is an older VCR.

Any help is appreciated.

I recently purchased a new LCD HDTV that will be run off of TV2 on my 522 dual channel receiver, which means I will have to use the coaxial antenna input on the TV. Last night, I plugged it in for the first time, and I could not get the autoprogram for the TV to recognize channel 60, which is the channel that I use for TV2. I know there is a signal for this channel, because the old analog TV that was hooked up to the same outlet can pick it up just fine. I also noticed that my VCR has trouble "seeing" anything on channel 60. Is this some type of technical glitch involving digital versus analog signals? I am a little mystified that the VCR's tuner cannot get anything on channel 60 either, as this is an older VCR.

Any help is appreciated.

Are you looking on UHF 60 or cable 60?

Set your modulator for cable 73. Scan cable chs on your tv. Many tvs will look at cable 73 as air 22. You will probably find the signal on either or both....

Any help is appreciated.

Go into the setup menu on the tv and set the tuner type to air and not cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts