New Linkbox 9000i

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shanklej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2013
Ocala fl
6-13-2016
Uniden sq530 satellite mover
New Linkbox 9000i
Old OPenbox s9 hd pvr

As far as I can tell the light cream wire is already wired
to the Uniden sq530. I then plugged this into the IF Input on
the Linkbox. On the Openbox the wire going to the TV was plugged
into the HDMI slot. On the LinkBox it's plugged into the Digital output/
Digital vidio. There is no hmdi connection on the Linkbox 9000i.

I turn on the Uniden sq530 and the LinkBox and Tv.
The Linkbox churns for a while and then shows "NO CH".
I do not get any menu as it says on page 3 of the manual.
The dish is setting at 55 degrees. I have not attempted to move it.
Any other info needed I will be most happy to supply.
Only two cables to connect and all these problems....
Well I make no claims as I consider myself an absolute novice.
Maybe someone can spare a few moments to help me. It would
certainly be appreciated.

Digital output/Digital video should be (IS) HDMI
Do you have jacks on the tv that match RED/GREEN/BLUE ? Should be labeled Y Pb Pr . (Component Output)
Or maybe the HDMI has to be turned ON, Got a yellow jack (video input) on the TV. Would think that's ON by default.
Shortly, someone with one will be along to confirm.

If your tv has HDMI,just use the HDMI cable from 9000i to tv. HDMI port is on the back of the 9000i.Then set the tv to the correct input...HDMI 1, HDMI 2,etc.Some TV's have more than 1 HDMI port.At that point you should see the 9000i menu.Then you have to go thru the process of finding each satellite,entering all the parameters, and scanning in channels.The manual explains it fairly well.

BTW,it will show 'No Channels' on the receiver front until you align the dish and scan in channels.

If I misunderstood or you have more questions,just ask.Someone here will have the answer if not me. :)

6-14-2016
New Linkbox 9000i
Old OPenbox s9 hd pvr

Thanks guys for helping.
The TV is a 3 year old Toshiba Model 39L1350u
To Fat Air
The old setup went straight from the openbox Hdmi to the Toshiba Hdmi.
No Red,Green or Blue Cables were attached.
There are jacks on the Toshiba that are labeled Y Pb Pr.
There are 3 Hdmi settings on the Toshiba Hdmi1, Hdmi2 & Hdmi3.
I had the TV set to Hdmi1. I never turned Hdmi on or off.
The Linkbox did not come with Red/Green/blue cables.

To Armadillo
I used the same Hdmi cable that I got from the OpenBox.
I got another one with the Linkbox.
I have the TV set to Hdmi1.
No Menu shows on the TV. Receiver shows "No CH".
No Red/Green/Blue cables were included with the Linkbox.

The Linkbox 9000i manual shows an Hdmi port. The enclosed picture
of the Linkbox 9000i I have shows a Digital out port.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 179
Thank you for responding Raine.
That's exactly what I did and no luck.
I am using the old cable from the Openbox.
Surely that couldn't make any difference!

Reactions: . Raine
Shanklej,try the HDMI cable that came with the Linkbox.Then cycle thru the HDMI choices on your tv until you find the 1 with the linkbox menu showing.

If that doesn't work....

Power off both the TV and the 9000i. Connect the HDMI cable from the 9000i "Digital Output" port to the TV HDMI port. Power ON the TV and select correct HDMI port. Power ON the 9000i. In approx 30 seconds the two devices will shake hands and negotiate the correct resolution.

If no video appears, connect a yellow RCA video cable between the 9000i and the TV. Switch the TV to the composite input.

Once the STB menu displays on the TV, go to the TV setup menu and change the resolution to the highest compatible setting (example: 1080p_60hz). This manual setting will be preferred over the default "Auto" setting.

Not sure why you think you might be losing money? The unit has a warranty and would be exchanged if defective. You aren't dealing with a Chinese eBay receiver or seller.

Thank you Titanium for responding.
Didn't know there was a warranty. I bought it from a seller on EBay.
There is nothing, as far as I know, wrong with the Linkbox 9000i.
It's most likely some dumb thing I have done.
I will try your suggestions. But I think I have already done that.
Will try once more and see......

Thank you for responding Raine.
That's exactly what I did and no luck.
I am using the old cable from the Openbox.
Surely that couldn't make any difference!

You're welcome. Probably not, but the cable could make a difference. Seeing as how you have the new one that came with the receiver, you might as well try it because it's easy enough to do and could possibly be the issue. I have had times when one cable will work on one device but not another, for whatever reason.

Try what Titanium suggested, it should come up on either HDMI or composite, one or the other. A lot of receivers can output both at the same time, even. One of those should come up, doing what he explained to do.

Is there a manual with the receiver? Maybe if you did a factory reset on it, that might do it. I've bought new receivers before where they've already been setup and played around with, seller checking the unit out, returns, stuff like that, I guess. Maybe the E-Bay seller hooked it up and played around with it to check it out and set the output to something other than HDMI and auto.

Do you have another TV that you could try it on too?

If the HDMI or composite [yellow/red/white] connections won't work after you do what Titanium suggested, you could try connecting cables from the Y, Pb, Pr connections on the receiver to the Y, Pb, Pr connections on your TV and see if you can get anything on that input, you can use any RCA jack cables, just make sure Y on the receiver goes to Y on the TV, etc, etc. If you've never used those connections before it can be hard to figure out which input it is on in the menu of some TV's, but just cycle through them till you get the right one. Most TV's will take at least a few seconds to recognize the input, so give it at least five, ten, seconds on each before moving to the next.

Check that no dust or anything got jammed into the HDMI port on your TV too, I've had that happen before when I've swapped cables around. In the cable, too, for that matter.

Reactions: Titanium
6-14-2016
New Linkbox 9000i
Old OPenbox s9 hd pvr

Thanks guys for helping.
The TV is a 3 year old Toshiba Model 39L1350u

To Armadillo
I tried the HDMI cable that came with the Linkbox.
It did not work.

To Titanium
I tried your suggestions and they did not work.

To Raine
Did the new HDMI cable thing with no luck.
I have the Linkbox 9000i manual. I don't think I can do a
factory reset when I can't get past "NO CH".
I will try another tv.

My theory....
Years ago Fat Air helped me set this system up with the openbox
and the Uniden sq530 pusher. There is a single wire going from the
Uniden pusher labeled TV out (BP12) in the Uniden manual
to the Toshiba TV Y video. It looks to me like it completely bypassed
the Openbox and the Linkbox. I don't understand how this worked
with the Openbox. Could this possibly be my probelm????

It sounds to me like the receiver is working and just needs to scan the current signals in. You said yor dish was aligned to 55w. Press the menu button on the receivers remote control when the TV displays "No Ch" and see if anything happens.

Thank you for responding Bongu.
I have tried that many times to no avail.
I still have to try another computer. Haven't
had time to try that yet.

ok, tried another TV and got the same results - Nothing...
IMHO the video is not getting from the Uniden sq530 to the Linkbox and then to the Toshiba TV.
I would think that the HDMI cable would send the Video from the Linkbox to the TV.
So how does the video get from the Uniden sq530 to the Linkbox????
Thanks for any help.

There is some major confusion going on... The SQ530 video does not connect to or pass through the Linkbox. The SQ530 Yellow RCA video cable connects to the TV composite input, exactly like you described that was previously connected. To see the SQ530 menu, put the TV input to this composite video input. TV programming is not being received or displayed by the SQ530. It is only controlling the dish.

The Linkbox (just like your previous Openbox) is receiving the satellite signal and supposed to display on the TV via the HDMI cable (just like it was connected with the Openbox). Disconnect the Openbox, put it aside and put the Linkbox in its place. Coax cable from the dish connects to the LNB Input, HDMI cable connects the Linkbox Digital Output to the TV HDMI Input port. Plug in the the Linkbox power supply.

If connecting the Linkbox to the TV via either a HDMI cable, a yellow RCA composite cable or the component Red/Blue/Green RCA cables, then you should contact the seller to arrange a RMA to get it tested or replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: . Raine and KE4EST
Thank you Titanium for responding.
I set the system back to the way it was when I had the Openbox in it.
Substituted the Linkbox and it did not work.
I sent a message through Ebay to the seller today. Now I have to wait to see if he responds.
Don't know what else to do.
Sorry for all the trouble I have caused..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)