New LNBF a few quick questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
I changed my LNBF on my six footer from a Bcs 621 to a c-2 from Sat Av.What a difference! All my quality readings on the 922 jumped up 10 to 20 points across the board. Now my questions. I hopped on the Mercury II deal from Sat AV and the box works great on the new dual cband lnbf,but all my channels are showing opposite polarities on the mercII from what Lygnsat shows. The DSR 922 is working great with the LNBF set to standard and not rotated 90 degrees.Do I have the lnbf 180 degrees out? I have not fine tuned it yet but before I do I would like to know if I am 180 out or what. Also Channel Master does not seem to support the M2 is this true?

I'm not sure, but my thinking tells me to tell you to turn the new lnbf 90 degrees and then you may have to change the 922 to "Rotated 90 Degrees"? Just a guess, might work?

-close-

From what I've read here before, I'd say you have the LNB 90º out of rotation.
The little arrow mark on the rear of the Ku section should be around 9 o'clock when you are aimed at your true south bird.

edit: oh, the 9 o'clock is for the CK-1, not the C2. I don't know where to aim it , but rotate it 90º and you should be fine.
...and do what Voom said with your 922.

edit again: here's a poor picture of the back end of the Ck-1 LNBf

Last edited:
All lnbf's I have ever connected to my 4DTV sidecar have always had to be set at "rotated 90 degrees" setting in the installation menu in order for the polarity to read correctly on my FTA boxes.

You probably need to rotate it.

My signals improved considerably when I got rid of my BSC-621 in favor of a Corotor II with seerate c and ku lnbs. I need to get a higher stability C band lnb. Looking to get a good PLL norsat.

I did not get a chance to skew it today, but your comments sound correct. I think I an going to keep my setup the way it is now. The 1.2 meter with the Qph 031 hooked to the coolsat 5000 driving the HH120 and the dsr 922 Ku side and the MercuryII to the six footer with the 922 moving the HH180 motor and hooked to the C-band side. The best of all worlds!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)