NPR mount ballast weight formula?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I got my commercial NPR mount I acquired, down yesterday and have a question. Is there a formula for dish size to weight ratio? I was comparing to a similar dish that is installed on the roof. In my opinion, they didn't use what common sense would dictate as sufficient ballast weight. Only about a dozen crumbling concrete blocks from 18 years ago.

I realize the combined weight alone of the mount and dish are pretty substantial. But the thought of a severe storm and hurricane force winds comes to mind, especially up high exposed on a commercial building.

Prodelin 6 foot dish 'n NPR

There are a wealth of technical documents, in way too many areas on the Prodelin web site.
It's possible they have a recommendation for the NPR.
I think it's theirs... or at least if they sell it, they should document it ... - :confused:

I did find extensive data on exactly where to locate the feed horn on that dish! - :up
... but as I said, it's not all in one place...

I know when I removed the 1.8M prodelin and NPR from a local car dealership, the roof mount only had probably 10-12 cinder blocks. It was amazingly solid. It had room for more blocks.

The NPR itself was amazingly heavy galvanized steel.
You probably won't need a huge amount of weight. Depends on how much wind you get in your area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts