Polar mount

4311wade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2021
Charleston West Virginia
Team,
Can anyone tell me why these two brackets marked in yellow are different heights?
I snaped this photo from a utube video . This is not my mount, and I don’t own this image.
01C77B4F-845C-416D-A0AA-8157F0D71D9C.jpeg

01C77B4F-845C-416D-A0AA-8157F0D71D9C.jpeg

The adjustable one is the Declination adjustment, to give the dish a little bit of "tilt" to better follow the arc wherever the dish is installed. It's a set and forget setting, depending on the installation location.

Depending on manufacturer, it can be located at the top OR bottom of the dish. Your photo isn't sharp enough for me to tell which one it is on this dish.

Also, NO, it is NOT the same as the Elevation adjustment, which is the one in the bottom "V" area.

Reactions: 4311wade
The adjustable one is the Declination adjustment, to give the dish a little bit of "tilt" to better follow the arc wherever the dish is installed. It's a set and forget setting, depending on the installation location.

Depending on manufacturer, it can be located at the top OR bottom of the dish. Your photo isn't sharp enough for me to tell which one it is on this dish.

Also, NO, it is NOT the same as the Elevation adjustment, which is the one in the bottom "V" area.
Thank you Sir.
The two brackets are different heights to assist in the Declination setting of the dish.

Yes that is the declination adjustment, I have one that looks and works very similarly. Must be fairly far north (or south) in latitude, seems like a lot of declination on that mount.

Reactions: 4311wade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)