NPR mount ballast weight formula?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I got my commercial NPR mount I acquired, down yesterday and have a question. Is there a formula for dish size to weight ratio? I was comparing to a similar dish that is installed on the roof. In my opinion, they didn't use what common sense would dictate as sufficient ballast weight. Only about a dozen crumbling concrete blocks from 18 years ago.

I realize the combined weight alone of the mount and dish are pretty substantial. But the thought of a severe storm and hurricane force winds comes to mind, especially up high exposed on a commercial building.

Prodelin 6 foot dish 'n NPR

There are a wealth of technical documents, in way too many areas on the Prodelin web site.
It's possible they have a recommendation for the NPR.
I think it's theirs... or at least if they sell it, they should document it ... - :confused:

I did find extensive data on exactly where to locate the feed horn on that dish! - :up
... but as I said, it's not all in one place...

I know when I removed the 1.8M prodelin and NPR from a local car dealership, the roof mount only had probably 10-12 cinder blocks. It was amazingly solid. It had room for more blocks.

The NPR itself was amazingly heavy galvanized steel.
You probably won't need a huge amount of weight. Depends on how much wind you get in your area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts