New local (Cleveland) HD channels are on!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I actually live about 15 feet from the border of Cleveland, alas I am not pointed at 61.5. (I am a noob with this and I don't want to call Smitty again and bother him) I see from a system info screen that I am getting 119, 110, and 129 (is that right)

The wife wants to see locals in HD less than she wants another dish on the house...

I guess I will have to wait till the locals are mirrored on some other bird or if Smitty's install goes well I can take his HD antenna so I can get stuff OTA.

The wife is ok with an antenna, but not another dish.

My install was a pain, but the installers were GREAT! My wife was home with our 6 week old and the dog and the two installers show up. They couldn't find the house so they were out in the street for a little bit and one of our paranoid neighbors called the cops. The Willowick SWAT team shows up and they show them their work order and they are on their way.

They install the wing dish on the old post form my original 500 system with no problem but no matter what they do they can't get all 4 satellites to light up. After a couple of hours of troubleshooting they call their boss and he comes out with a new Dish 1000.2. He starts yelling at them (my wife and I feel bad about that since it wasn't their fault, the installer who did my original HD install pieced together a dish when he had 2 Dish 1000's that had bad LNB's on his truck) that they should have known they had to replace the original dish.

So after about 6 hours everything works great. Again, I feel bad for the installers. I am sure they lost a few jobs that day since they were stuck at my place cleaning up someone elses mess. According to my wife, they were extremely nice. Played with the dog, talked to the baby and were very concerned about the cleanliness of the job inside and out.

So noob, you and the wife can swing by this weekend and check out the install. I am sure that she won't even notice after the first couple of weeks. :D

Install set up for Thursday!

I called Dish 4 times to get this accomplished. After cancelling the first appointment, which they were going to charge me $59 and supposedly take down my 129 access, I finally got a CSR that knew what was going on. My choices were a two year commitment or $59. I complained that it should be free after reading about the install others had on here, but they would not budge. I called back twice and got the same thing. On try #4, I got the install for $59 with a credit to my account of $30. I agreed and they will be here Thursday. They also said they had to turn off my SD locals until the install is complete and I would have to sign up for the DVR advantage again after the install. So far, I still have the SD locals. I will let you know how the install goes.

In the interest of being fair and balanced I wanted to say, after a rough experience of getting the appointment set up, the install of my additional dish for 61.5 was extremely smooth. We all do our fair share of complaining, but I wanted to say my install and installers were great. They were on time and very efficient.

For those of you that have not scheduled yet, I wanted to relay a couple of things that happened/didn't happen to me. This is to let you know that no matter what the CSR tells you, these things are possible:

- I didn't pay for the install
- I still have my HD RSN's from 129
- I never had my SD locals turned off

I had the wing dish installed yesterday. I also had to have my 1000 dish replaced with a 1000.2. The install was flawless and worked great, until the service technician left. I lost my HD and SD locals ten minutes after he left, and had to call Dish to get them turned back on. They also signed me up for DHPP again and I had to drop that. I am still working on getting the install for free, right now I have a $30 credit on my account and a $59.95 upgrade charge. I will let you know if I can get that last $29.95 out of them without agreeing to a contract extension.

I have been trying to hold off because of the talk saying the Cleveland HD locals will be put on 129, but is this really going to happen, or is it time to get a second dish...I am OK with the antenna for now since I am close to the broadcast point in independence so even my $10 antenna gets me perfect signal, But I would like to do away with it at some point

I have been trying to hold off because of the talk saying the Cleveland HD locals will be put on 129, but is this really going to happen, or is it time to get a second dish...I am OK with the antenna for now since I am close to the broadcast point in independence so even my $10 antenna gets me perfect signal, But I would like to do away with it at some point

who said they are going to 129? they are staying at 61.5, I would get your second dish installed now. sorry if someone confused you. :)

A CSR. They said it should be moved because he was trying to tell me I had it, when I didnt. So I asked him if it was on a different satellite and his response was yes, temporarily.

So now the question is, I got the install through dishstore, do i call them, or do I call Dish directly? I will be certain that whoever I call, I will refuse to pay for this addition, as that just seems plain ridiculous to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)