New local (Cleveland) HD channels are on!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just received an automated call from Dish Network informing me about HD local channel availability. The call stated that the upgrade to the new dish is free. I am all set, but I do appreciate the call anyway! :up

I am worried that I will lose Fox Sports Ohio HD and Sportstime Ohio HD after reading this forum. Are these two channels only available on 129?
Yes, those two channels are currently on 129 only. (This may change in the near future though). Just tell the installer (or the customer service) that you don't want to lose those two. They will probably just install one additional dish for 61.5.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the quick response. I think I will just hold off the install until the FOXOH and STO are available on the 61.5. I read somewhere that they have been mirrored onto 61.5 but are not available to subscribers yet. Hopefully this is fixed soon, I really hate not having WOIO in HD, especially when the Browns are on!

I just spent 25 min on the phone with Dish only to be told the Cleveland HD locals are on 129. This after the first gal told me it was going to be $200 and a 24-month commitment.

DOes anyone have the number for techical service

Call again, bucco. Play the CSR roulette. This change is so new, some CSRs are not up to speed.

HD locals in Cleveland

One month ago I had 61.5,110 and 119 and I called dish to find out why I did not receive STOHD or FOXOHHD they told me that I needed 129 to receive these two HD channels so the local Digital Dish tech came out and replaced my Dish 500 with a Dish 1000 and it received 110,119 and now 129 so I could receive the two sports channels I wished to have and they disconnected my 61.5. The Dish tech rep told me that the 129 would be all that I needed for any future HD channels. Well low and behold the local Cleveland HD stations were b eing sent thru on 61.5 and that was disconnected. So tonight I called Dish and they told me that I needed 61.5 to get the Cleveland Local HD and they were going to charge me $59 to come out to get me set up to receive the local HD. I questioned them as to why I had to pay for something that was disconnected by them since the Dish was still in place on my roof. After about 5 minutes of being on hold they came back and said that they would waive the fee. So to make a long story short you need satellites 129 and 61.5 to receive the the Ohio sports and Local Cleveland HD channels. Charlie

I just spent 25 min on the phone with Dish only to be told the Cleveland HD locals are on 129. This after the first gal told me it was going to be $200 and a 24-month commitment.

DOes anyone have the number for techical service

i spent 5 min on the phone, csr tried to say it was $99 but i told her what the website says about the dish being free and got it waved. you need to keep calling until you get somebody smart on the phone

Will I need another dish?

I currently have a dish 1000 with 110/119/129 but I want the Cleveland locals in HD. I want to wait until FOXOH and STO are available in HD on the 61.5. When this happens, will I need more than one dish on my house? I would like to only have one on the house. Is it possible to get 61.5/110/119 off of one dish? The CSR told me that they were going to remove my 129 and replace it with 61.5 and that I would only need one dish. Is this true? They also told me FOXOH and STO were already available in HD on 119 which I believe is false. It is very frustrating trying to talk with Dish on the phone.

Are the cleveland locals on a spot beam on 61.5 that would hit the buffalo, new york area? Perhaps, it might be time to move, whereas no HD locals in buffalo.

No. That spotbeam goes as far as pittsburgh I think. The other closest beam reaches just east of rochester. We are without 61.5 beam coverage. I think ti reamins very interesting to see what E is planning for buffalo HD locals. I wonder if they will use the 72 for it or perhaps 119.

Just got the locals in hd installed! However on my channel guide it says "no info available" after one hour. Can i fix this or is this how its going to be?

I got mine this morning too :) Run a check switch and let the guide fully download.

I also got this call for the free upgrade for Cleveland HD locals but did not get the number. Did anyone get the number for this upgrade?

My Richmond hd locals don't show up, so I called Dish. My dish 1000 won't pick them up and I have to have an extra dish installed. This sucks! They want a 2 year commitment or or $59.00 bucks.

New wing dish installed for free.

So, count me lucky:
  • Dish leaves a message saying local HD is available now for Cleveland.
  • I call Dish at 1pm Friday to request the upgrade, and they schedule me for an upgrade the very next day (Saturday).
  • The tech shows up on time (the very first time this has EVER happened to me) and installs a wing dish for free in under an hour.
  • No charge, no commitment.
So, one outstanding customer experience with Dish. Granted, it is not balanced out by the other four bad experiences I've had, but I'll take what I can get.

Always good to hear about a good install. Congrats!
Were you able to keep HD RSNs, or did you lose the 129 now that you are on 61.5?

Just called dish to have them point me at 61.5 and the rep I talked to said they are not available in Cleveland yet. She checked her schedule and said they were not planning on adding them until after May? WTF?
go to dish network home page and go to locals put in your address and it will tell you the 4 local channels that are now in hd

I currently have a dish 1000 with 110/119/129 but I want the Cleveland locals in HD. I want to wait until FOXOH and STO are available in HD on the 61.5. When this happens, will I need more than one dish on my house? I would like to only have one on the house. Is it possible to get 61.5/110/119 off of one dish? The CSR told me that they were going to remove my 129 and replace it with 61.5 and that I would only need one dish. Is this true? They also told me FOXOH and STO were already available in HD on 119 which I believe is false. It is very frustrating trying to talk with Dish on the phone.

Here's the response I got:

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We do not have any specific information regarding if and when we might be moving the satellite location of 129. Unfortunately no information can be provided at this time for procedures of changing customer’s satellite dishes. Any new information made available to the public would be announced via press releases, our website DISH Network -- Home or by watching our Charlie Chat.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks

Angeline Romero
Executive Communications
DISH Network Corporation
Angeline.romero@echostar.com
720-514-7939

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts