New Maps Solve the Anik TDT overflow !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
A new set of maps was created with all the Anik Mappings included.

This new set of maps eliminates the TDT overflow when you took a receiver over on the Anik sats.

There are 2 separate sets of maps.
One set for a 920/921 receiver and
one set for a 922 & 905 receiver.

Anyone who is interested should send me a pm and list the type of receiver they have if they want these maps,with their email address... These have only been tested here for about 6 hours on a 922 and 921 receiver.
So far no problems with TDT overflow and one can once again watch any FTA DC2 from Shaw without problems.
This set of maps is also good on any 921 receiver that is subbing to shaw direct as it has everything in it exactly as they are sending it out on the satellite maps.

To do it properly there was once again a few slight changes made to a couple other sat tiles that were listed so there would be no interference.

It is not going to be posted on the web site but only available via email to people who have already done their own maps and the files are made up for sat tiles that are all "UN-Programmed".
So you will have to reprogram in all the sat tiles once more.

If anyone takes up this offer I do want to hear feedback on this since I do not have the time on my own to test this on every other receiver here for awhile.

Thanks to a member of this forum who took the time to have their 921 authorized by Shaw and sent me the file after it was all completed which had the current mappings shaw was sending out.

It was mentioned and then verified here on one 922 A4 firmware receiver that one mux on G1 changes the freq once you leave it.
So if anyone received the maps and they had a 922 with A4 firmware let me know.
It does not affect the 922 with EC firmeware.
nor the 920's.
Anyone wanting the maps should let me know what model they have and the firmware code so there are no problems.

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work you continue to put into this project

Thank you

Just to update what was figured out.

The maps that Shaw puts out over the satellite are really messed up and full of garbage and duplicates.
None of that can be changed except by them. They have sat tiles A2, A4, A5, A6, A7,A8 & A9.
Only A2 should be programmed in on the new maps and remember that the receivers when over there on Anik will be sluggish or slow to respond to remote control changes. They have a "rollover problem", that is where when you are channeling down the receiver just stops and will not go to the next channel, but you can go backwards. Again this is due to their mappings. Trying to change it will only be overwritten immediately by going back to the Anik satellite.
However, the good thing is that no one has to fear about getting maxed out on their TDT count any longer. Some have reported their TDT count as low as 1325 and some as high as 1394.
(Depends if you master reset the receiver or not).

The other thing we found out was that the 922's with firmware code A4 has a problem with G1-900-901 & 902 that was set for the proper freq.
The 922's with EC appear to work fine so a new set of maps was made for the 922's with A4 to correct the G1 problem. The A4 firmware would experience the "rollover problem" with the proper freq., so it was reset back to the original one that the 922_A4 accepts but it takes longer to lock in those lower SR channels.

This is why I ask for the receiver model number, (920/921; 922_EC or 922_A4) and firmware code that it is running so that you have all that you should be receiving in the maps properly.

To see which firmware is in a 922 you can press Options >6>>5 and line "H" will show the firmware version you have.

To make sure everything worked with no problems some sat tile names had to be changed from the earlier maps.

Everyone who asks for these will receive a zipped folder with a new Sat Position chart showing the sat tile (2 digit designator), and if it is C- or Ku at the proper orbital location from 30.0W to 139.0W.
This can be printed out and you can place your sat position number on the chart that reflects where your sats are located at for future reference in the spot provided in the chart.

Many asked for a sat tile for 78.0W (Star One c-band) so that was also added.

The only ones not in the sat position chart are the extra tiles from Shaw, (A4,A5,A6,A7,A8,A9)
I do not recommend using them.

The KU sat tiles for Anik F2 & F3 were renamed to E2 & E3.

to Anik F1 there was a DC2 mux there that was added to F1 (it is encrypted though)
If this was done before the TDT would have maxed out on people.

Several sat tiles (C-band only) from 83.0W to 30.0W are now identified by the sat position .
Example:: sat tile 58 is for 58.0W which is now Intelsat 21, used to be Pas 9.
This was done for more then 1 reason but with so many sat changes over there it made sense to do it this way to keep current with being updated.

It appears some receivers are not seeing G1-900& 901.
While I verified the problem on the 922_A4 firmware receivers I just
saw this on a 922_EC firmware from someone else.

But not on my own 922_EC receiver here, so I do not know why some are affected and some are not...

But here is the fix for the G1-900, 901 & 902 channels
for those who had received the most recent files I sent to you.

If you can not get the G1-900,901 channels....
go to G1 then dump out the nvram while your on G1
Do not move the dish off of G1 !
then with that bin file you just dumped out go into the map restoration program.
click on Maps
Load Bin file (then locate the file you just dumped out and load into the map restoration program)
then go to Maps and click on Display Combined maps... now save this as a new text file.

once you have done this scroll down till you see G1 info and then find G1-900,901 & 902
and change them to this:

165-G1,00900,0,1,0,0,00000,025,00001,0,80,V,1330000,1,0,1,14.63,3/4,10,165,10,165
165-G1,00901,0,1,0,0,00000,025,00003,0,80,V,1330000,1,0,1,14.63,3/4,10,165,10,165
165-G1,00902,0,1,0,0,00000,025,00005,0,80,V,1330000,1,0,1,14.63,3/4,10,165,10,165

What your changing is in bold above or just copy and paste what is above here.

The actual freq should be 1322.000 but some receivers do not like it at 1322.000 and change it automatically on you.

Keeping it at 1330.000 will work fine but then it just takes 20 seconds for some receivers to lock the channels there.

When done changing the text file save it.
Then in the Map Restoration program... load back in the nvram you downloaded
click on Maps.... then Load Master Maps
now find the text file you just made these changes to and load it in the program.
Save as a new bin (nvram) .....
Now using the USBJTAG NT program load in that new bin to your receiver while the dish is still on G1.
This way any settings you had for sat positions and limits will not be changed and your good to go.

G1 Channels 900 and 901 are FTA (TV Guide channel).

Status
Please reply by conversation.