New MDU MFH2 installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
My building just had a MDU MFH2 system installed. Starting next week , the units will have the receivers installed. I think I have done my homework but few technical issues still remain:

-I got 3 HR22 (couldn't get the HR23) and 1 SD receiver. Assuming MFH2 is a SWM system, do I need the BBC installed on the back of the HR22s ?

-I have cable now and in my closet there is an ordinary splitter that splits the signal through 4 rooms. Is the MDU company going to replace this 4 ways splitter with something like a SWS 8 ?

-One of the cables that goes from the existing 4 ways splitter is also splitted. I assume that a SWS-2 splitter can replace the old splitter and the receivers will work just fine. Is this correct ?

Many thanks for people on this board for helping me so much. I was the person who convinced the board management to upgrade the system to MFH-2 and all the information came from here.

My building just had a MDU MFH2 system installed. Starting next week , the units will have the receivers installed. I think I have done my homework but few technical issues still remain:

-I got 3 HR22 (couldn't get the HR23) and 1 SD receiver. Assuming MFH2 is a SWM system, do I need the BBC installed on the back of the HR22s ?

If its set up as a SWM then no you do not need BBC's

-I have cable now and in my closet there is an ordinary splitter that splits the signal through 4 rooms. Is the MDU company going to replace this 4 ways splitter with something like a SWS 8 ?

They should swap the splitters when they bring the boxes. As they need to be as low as 1 mhtz up to 2250mhtz. Unless they are running an IPTV system (doubt it)

-One of the cables that goes from the existing 4 ways splitter is also splitted. I assume that a SWS-2 splitter can replace the old splitter and the receivers will work just fine. Is this correct ?

Yes

Many thanks for people on this board for helping me so much. I was the person who convinced the board management to upgrade the system to MFH-2 and all the information came from here.

ALL of those questions should be easily answered by the supporting MFH company that is selling your service.

ALL of those questions should be easily answered by the supporting MFH company that is selling your service.

Thank you very much. I don't have access to the MDU company. They only talk to the building board and I don't want to have any surprise when the installation takes place in my unit. Here where I live ,in south Florida, satellite installation can be a nightmare.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts