Stut..Stut..Stuttering on H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
I recently purchased a Sony KDL52V4100 which I have hooked up to my H20 through hdmi (1.3). The other night while watching American Idol the picture was stut..stut..stuttering quite frequently for a split second. I noticed it again last night while watching basketball on ESPN HD but not at the same degree of frequency.

My prior tv was a Sony KDF50E2000 hooked up to the same H20 receiver but that time only using component cables. I did not notice any stuttering at any time while ownership.

I called Directv and they told me to reset the receiver to bring current any updates. I did, and it didn't help. I am going to try the component cables to see if that will solve the problem but it's not an easy thing to do with the tv mounted on the wall. If it does fix the problem how much of a difference will I see in picture quality (hdmi vs component)?

I have a feeling this is not a new problem when talking to the CSR at Directv. I do not have their protection plan and have been a "loyal" customer for about 10 years now. Any thoughts? Thanks for your input.

Edit: I did try another hdmi cable but it didn't fix the problem

Problem is that HDMI wasnt on any industry standard until recently (Why I have no clue) and Sony in all their wisdom refuses to conform to "normailty" until its too late. They got lucky with Bluray and learned from BetaMax to not make it proprietary and that they offered it in there famed Playstation 3.

Running Composite will look just the same, and if you get a Surround System use the Toslink to get your 5.1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)