New Member needing help.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bonanza35

Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Central California
Yep, another newbie - to FTA and this site. I am having trouble negotiating both. LOL! Can't find where I left a question here, to see if there were any answers --
So, -- this discussion is along the same lines as my question.
I am getting good signal strength, indicated by receiver, and signal finder. Viewsat 2000platinum, Fortec 33/36", HH90.

Autosearch keeps coming up "FAILED" with no channels caught -- on all satellites on the VS menu. EXCEPT --- today, I rechecked, realligned, etc, and got Asiasat 3C(?) to let me capture a total of 27 channels -- with only 14 of them giving audio, but no picture. I believe Asiasat is a C Band bird, so wonder why the smaller dish is picking it up with a very strong signal.

Sideline comment -- Asiasat or similar is in fact a primary reason for this set-up, as my lovely wife is Chinese, and I want to get at least a few channels from China.

Any comments, or assistance is appreciated --- thanks

If someone would want to chat on Yahoo for a short time regarding this new hobby and questions, that would be great. --- My handle there is Bonanza352000

Last edited:
Please start your own thread in the MAIN FTA area, this area is for PC users using a DVB Card. THANKS!

For Chinese channels I would aim for G3C @ 95w 3-4 great channels from China there FTA. You will need a 30" dish at least for these channels!

Bonanza35 said:
EXCEPT --- today, I rechecked, realligned, etc, and got Asiasat 3C(?) to let me capture a total of 27 channels -- with only 14 of them giving audio, but no picture. I believe Asiasat is a C Band bird, so wonder why the smaller dish is picking it up with a very strong signal.
Are you sure about this? "Asiasat 3S" is on the other side of the world at 105.5e. I couldn't find "Asiasat 3C", but "Asiasat 3S" is a C/ku band satellite at 105.5e. If you are getting it from California? I would love to know your secrets on how you do this. Therefore, it's my conclusion, you're getting some other satellite. If I'm wrong, I appologize, but please help me understand?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar Below