New member/Subscription Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

msajeff

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Illinois
I've been lurking around here for awhile and have followed the ST/H-10 discussion as it has progressed. I currently pay $140 through Brighthouse for Road Runner, their HD-DVR, HD programming, basic digital, and then Showtime/HBO/TMC. Road Runner is $45 as a standalone and we would be keeping it since the other options aren't that appealing. The big draw for me is ST and the NFL network. Recently Brighthouse announced they weren't going to carry the NFLN and the NFL said they were working on incentives to get people to move from BH to DTV.

I noticed that on the DTV site they are offering the Premier and HD packages for free with a subscription to ST at $69.99/4. It is noted that programming will continue at $99.99 starting the 5th month and on....programming commitment must be kept or $300 charge. So my question regarding the programming itself is whether programming commitment means the Premier or if it's their standard committment terms of and Total Choice package? I would also be interested in SF since it seems like they throwthe free deal around freely.

As far as hardware I would prefer to have the HD-DVR for the living room and standard in the bedroom. However if they can't lease it out for less than $100, I would be looking for an HD receiver for the LR and a DVR for the BR...both at no cost. I know it has been discussed so I will mention that it will be a pole mounted installation. Am I being realistic with the hardware or are they fairly unmovable when it comes to completely new customers?

msajeff said:
So my question regarding the programming itself is whether programming commitment means the Premier or if it's their standard committment terms of and Total Choice package? I would also be interested in SF since it seems like they throwthe free deal around freely.

It is my understanding, that no, you do not have to maintain the Premier level, but will have to maintain at least one of the (lower) Total Choice packages.

msajeff said:
Am I being realistic with the hardware or are they fairly unmovable when it comes to completely new customers?

Hmm, I'd have to say YMMV.

Oh, and welcome to satguys. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick response! I will have to try in the morning. Having access to ST is the big motivation for me but losing our HD-DVR would be a huge (and possible fatal) blow to making the move. Since it seems that retention is the only place where the H10-250 deal is happening, should I be starting out there although I would be a completely new customer?

msajeff said:
should I be starting out there [retention] although I would be a completely new customer?

I couldn't possibly tell you what success you would have (or not), but it probably won't hurt to try.

Glad to help. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)