New meter..........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyscanner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Sportsman's Paradise Northern Mi
Just bought a new SATLINK WS-6933 meter, and it works well except for 1 thing. It doesn't calculate the look angle correctly. For 103W in my location [85.3W 44.6N] it gives an azimuth of -155.6 when it should be +205, which of course is thousands of miles off. The elevation and skew are displayed correctly, but the azimuth is off on every bird. The instructions don't seem to cover any programming that might be needed to correct this, and there seems no way to do it anyway. Can't find a US website, only one from the UK and it doesn't list this model. This is more than a minor annoyance but livable since everything else works so well. I'm wondering since this thing is made by the C. H. Ina company that there is some satellite list problem in the firmware. I'm wondering if I delete all the satellites and tps and then manually put in what I need if it will display the proper azimuth? Waiting to hear back from the vendor. Anyone got one like this, and does it do the same thing? Is there a look angle calculator on the Satguys website somewhere I haven't found?
Thanks SS

Just bought a new SATLINK WS-6933 meter, and it works well except for 1 thing. It doesn't calculate the look angle correctly. For 103W in my location [85.3W 44.6N] it gives an azimuth of -155.6 when it should be +205, which of course is thousands of miles off. The elevation and skew are displayed correctly, but the azimuth is off on every bird. The instructions don't seem to cover any programming that might be needed to correct this, and there seems no way to do it anyway. Can't find a US website, only one from the UK and it doesn't list this model. This is more than a minor annoyance but livable since everything else works so well. I'm wondering since this thing is made by the C. H. Ina company that there is some satellite list problem in the firmware. I'm wondering if I delete all the satellites and tps and then manually put in what I need if it will display the proper azimuth? Waiting to hear back from the vendor. Anyone got one like this, and does it do the same thing? Is there a look angle calculator on the Satguys website somewhere I haven't found?
Thanks SS

I've very recently got the same meter and I'm finding it impossible to find settings that work for 101W (Directv). I'm told that the defaults are not correct and I'm hoping someone can share their 101W settings with me. Any other advice is more than welcome.

Reactions: Trey71254
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)