New Method of Transmitting Locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drgranata

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
near Yosemite
Got a recorded call from D* yesterday telling me that they are changing the way they broadcast locals. They said they will have to change some of my equipment (for free). The recording said they would have to change either my receiver (HR21-700) or my dish (AU9 Slimline) in order for me to receive my locals (zip 95329). Does anyone know what is changing and why I would need new equipment?

Your locals are probably on 72.5, and they are moving them to one of the HD satellites. They are only broadcasting them in HD, so you will have to get upgraded (for free) to HD-compatible equipment. Don't worry, it'll all still work with whatever TVs you have now :)

edit: second read shows you already have HD equipment. They are probably calling everyone in your market, or, they don't have the correct equipment in their records for what you have installed. If you have a non MPEG4 receiver, it'll have to be replaced. If the slimline + HR21 is all you have, then you shouldn't need anything else.

The call is what Joesph B said .

72 swap out just means the locals are moving from 72.5 over to 99/103 some people will need new hardware as there stuff is mpeg2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)