New Michigan Voomer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hello everyone I just became a new Voomer and I am lovein it so far, The PQ is awesome on my 60" Sony LCD.. I am still learning everything about it, and the only complaint I have is that the upgraded OTA antenna is having a hard time picking up my locals whih are 47 miles away, and I have a few trees in the way as well, I think the OTA antenna they installed is a Winegard HD7082..

Guys and gals which antenna do you think I should get? Antenna web says I need a Medium directional w/pre amp...
Money is no object when it comes to getting my locals channels.. I am glad I still have my cable service right now so I can watch the locals, so if any of you have any good advice I could use it so I can get this resolved so I can cancel my cable..

I will have to say my insall went well the service guy was great and he new what he was doing.. Don Lures is the company that is our local installer, I do have one more complaint but I was able to fix it pretty quick, I had the freeze thing happen but after I waited for it to correct itself and it didnt,I unplug the power cord and plug it back back in and it work, I just had to wait to get my my channel info again and I was off and running..

So if any you guys or gals could help me with my OTA antenna problem I would apperciate it.. Thanks for this forum for all you help.. Cya Slick

Slick do not know what is the range of that antenna. Do you have a pre-amp installed?

Anyway, I use this antenna:
15-2156.jpg

You can find it here at Radio Shack with a rotor.

• VHF = 190 miles
• UHF = 100 miles

I can get channels from Connecticut which is 65 miles away from me. This antenna I had before VOOM. It is a big antenna.

Thanks Sean

Thanks for your help again, Yes the antenna they installed with a pre amp.. I willgo and get that antenna you recmend.. I am really diging Voom it's sweet..

Hey Sean I have a couple more questions if you dont mind,

(1) On my tv you can have the picture be Wide Zoom, Zoom , regular,and so forth but it does not change when Voom is on so what is the best setting should the Voom be when I have a 16x9 screen??

(2) I saw some were on this site that it listed the stock price for Voom and what name it went under on the stock market.. I like it that much that I am going to call Merril lynch and buy some..

Thaks for your help for us new Voomers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)