New microHD Firmware File Release and Notes 2012.06.15

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
2012.06.15 - A new GEOSATpro microHD firmware file with release notes is available in the attached file.

Firmware updating via satellite Galaxy 19 KU (OTA-SSU) will be restored on June 26th, 2012. We are currently performing a major upgrade at the uplink facility.

A DIY video on microHD firmware updating via USB will be posted to the forum later this evening.

GEOSATpro supports you! Thank you for supporting GEOSATpro!

Attachments

• microHD_FW_20120615.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
I put this file in the firmware download section here too Brian.

per the notes in it

MicroHD Firmware Release Notes
Date: 6/15/2012
Version: HDVS54012-1108249A0 2012-6-15

* Full Screen Signal Meter: Added OSD "Satellite Meter", Corrected spacing and Color Gradient.

* Channel Banner: Added HD Indicator ICON.

* Record Banner: Record Time display in 12 hour with AM/PM, Anchored Satellite Name, Corrected 3rd Recording error causing Service and Satellite Name to shift right. Corrected DVR Icon overwite by Program Name if Pause button was pressed.

* Playback Banner: Corrected time to display in 12 hour with AM/PM.

* Timer List: Enlarged Screen to display more information I.E. Year, Duration, Start Time. OTA-SSU Timer setting is locked and greyed out.

* Menu: DVR Set-up right colum aligned.

* Default Display Resolution set to 1080i.

Fixes on Schedule for next release:

* USALS: Longitude Default - Set to West

* Blind Scan Start / Stop Parameters are limiting the logging results and not limiting the actual frequency range that is scanned.

* EPG is not displaying GMT offset time on first display. Exit and Press EPG 2nd time and correct offset time is displayed.

* Full Screen Signal Meter: OSD text "Tone" was eliminated in error, Will restore.

* Closed Captioning HDMI Display: Change text color from grey (70%) to white (90%) for easier reading.

OK figured it out

1. DO A BACKUP OF CHANNELS! There is an option called "save as default". If you wont it will wipe out everything
2. do the update. receiver will reboot
3. re-upload the channel database. Go into the "update by USB" and scroll until you get to "user databse"
4. it will update (it WILL NOT reboot after this step)
5. power off receiver
6. power back on. It will now update your existing channels/sat list/motor settings :)

So it does wipe your channels and everything every time you upgrade the firmware? How will the OTA updates work? I assume they won't be automatic if it's going to wipe your data every single time. I hope not anyway. I plan on installing one of these boxes for someone who isn't tech savvy at all and it'll be terribly inconvenient for them to back everything up all the time, not to mention trying to find someone who can tell them how to do it in Russian! Maybe I should just disable firmware updates in their unit altogether. That is possible, right?

So it does wipe your channels and everything every time you upgrade the firmware?
if you save a backup of channels you can reload that. Thats what I did
How will the OTA updates work?
Brian will have to answer that

I know on the other GeosatPro units it never wiped out the channel list when doing an update.....but then again the menus are different in the MIcroHD...

Currently the update via satellite (OTA-SSU) supports complete firmware upgrades which over writes all user favorites, channels, transponders, satellites and settings (comparable to all other receiver firmware updating).

The satellite firmware update stream will be on the Galaxy 19 KU band satellite once again next week.

You may choose the OTA-SSU updates be set to automatic, manual or never happen. I would suggest satellite updating in the manual mode. This way if you wish to update the receiver's firmware, you can choose the time and date. You can save your user settings (Satellites, Transponders, Channels, Favorites, Switch Settings, Motor Settings, etc. to an USB before updating the firmware. After the firmware is updated you could reload the previous user data back onto the receiver or you might decide to configure and scan again. You might also consider setting unattended (Automatic) updating to occur at a specific time and date if you want to download special sneak previews of beta firmware or custom backgrounds and skins

In the next few months we will be certifying the microHD for Glorystar and will add the ability for everyone to choose the type of satellite update (OTA-SSU) that will occur during : firmware, channel list or both.

Thanks to the guys up in Roseville for allowing me to make a quick purchase Tues afternoon! ;) Certainly made up for a dismal morning

Firmware updating via satellite Galaxy 19 KU (OTA-SSU) will be restored on June 26th, 2012. We are currently performing a major upgrade at the uplink facility.
Should I be able to obtain an update via sat Galaxy 19 or is there still work going on at the uplink facility?
upgrade.jpg
I'm in no rush to update the firmware but I just wanted to check out this feature. :)

Everything is ready at the uplink and we are waiting for the IT POC to provide the key for the vpn authentification. Maybe up on Friday.

Brian,

Regarding update via satellite, will the receiver display the changes included in the update (i.e. the release notes) so we can decide if we want to apply the update? Sounds like the manual option will store the update in the receiver for later installation? Can such a stored update be copied to a memory stick for transfer to a PC? If a second update is released will that, too, be stored in the receiver or will it overwrite the previously stored update? Could a second update be applied without applying the first update - i.e. each update is not dependent on prior updates, generally?

Thanks.
_
Neil

At this time, the receiver does not include the ability to display update notes. Not sure if that is something that we want to expend 50+k of memory to store. At this time, I would suggest that users either read the notes provided with the file provided here on SatelliteGuys or at www.GEOSATpro.com/satupdate

The web site and the satellite delivery of the OTA-SSU firmware should both be active tomorrow.

OTA-SSU firmware files are downloaded and immediately installed as part of a process. The file is to large to store internally. We are working on adding the ability to automatically save the current file and the update to a connected USB drive. Some success, but we aren't quite there and it isn't a priority with little impact on a typical user.

Firmware versions may be installed with complete forward and backward interchangeability. No sequential requirements.

At this time, the receiver does not include the ability to display update notes. Not sure if that is something that we want to expend 50+k of memory to store. At this time, I would suggest that users either read the notes provided with the file provided here on SatelliteGuys or at Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution

The Optibox receivers display firmware update notes as shown below. I find this to be a very nice feature.

Attachments

• osddump%20(9).jpg
    osddump%20(9).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 188
The Optibox receivers display firmware update notes as shown below. I find this to be a very nice feature.
I -- only one person - would probably not ever look at notes, however, if notes were a jpeg and downloaded to the usb stick, they should be available any time you wanted to read them, and if, as seems to be Brian's convention, the file name starts with a date, there would never be confusion what note went with what update. And on that... I would like to see a manual update choice that goes to the USB, for later installation - if not too much design / software issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts