New Music service?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it's going to be customized to local markets, I'm guessing it's going to be distributed over the internet.

We get it here in Tucson channel 9 (ABC affiliate). It's alright, but I liked "the Tube" more.

It's available here in the Bay Area on KAXT. It's part of a 12 channel digital mux.
KAXT-CA Channel 22 Television

12 channels :eek:

good lord the pic must look like hell

edit: found the list
Digital Channel Programming
1.1 The Cool TV
1.2 Que Huong
1.3 Tiempos Finales
1.4 Bahia TV
1.5 Diya TV
1.6 Colours
1.7 My Family TV
1.8 I2TV
1.9 Corner Store
1.10 Coastal Television Network
1.11 Jewelry Television
1.12 I2TV

wow talk about compressing the picture. We've got one station with 4 SD channels and it's ok....But 12? I'm not sure how that would work...Blind

I thought it would be terrible, but it's quite watchable on a small screen. About 1.5 Mbps for each channel. There are also 3 radio channels in the mux.
Here are some captures of Cool TV.

Attachments

• 0209_H19M17_CH1-1_DTV Program.jpg
    0209_H19M17_CH1-1_DTV Program.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 0209_H19M17_CH1-1_DTV Program_0.jpg
    0209_H19M17_CH1-1_DTV Program_0.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 0209_H19M19_CH1-1_DTV Program.jpg
    0209_H19M19_CH1-1_DTV Program.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 179
interesting...will be on CW23 (RF22)

maybe....
On February 4, 2010 Sinclair Broadcast Group announced it would be adding theCoolTV as a digital sub-channel for 34 of the 35 stations it owns.
wouldnt that suck if we were the ONE to NOT get it? ;)

boy its a change of pace here in Mpls to get a real subchannel that isnt weather, news or a SD counterpart

yay!
We will get it...from thecool website

Cities About to Get COOL!

Tampa, FL
Minneapolis, MN
St. Louis, MO
Pittsburgh, PA
Baltimore, MD
Raleigh-Durham, NC
Nashville, TN
Cincinnati, OH
Columbus, OH
Asheville, Greeenville, Spartenberg
San Antonio, TX
Birmingham/Tuscallosa, AL WABM
Norfolk, VA
Oklahoma City, OK
Winston-Salem, Greensborro NC
Buffalo, NY
Richmond, VA
Pensacola, FL
Lexington, KY
Charleston, WV
Dayton, OH
Flint, MI
Des Moines, IA
Portland, ME

Cape Girardeau, MO

Paducha KY
Rochester, NY
Syracuse, NY
Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, IL
Madison, WI
Cedar Rapids, IA
Charleston, SC
Tallahassee, FL
Peoria Bloomington, IL

THECOOLTV_SinclairTelevisionGroup

I was just going to mention that we were on the list. It's about time we get something that isn't PBS-oriented -- as much as I love those. Our subchannel options in TC are pretty pathetic.

Our subchannel options in TC are pretty pathetic.

understatement there :)

What seriously bugs me is all ABC stations in MN are owned by Hubbard but the subchannels are different
KSTP Mpls (and KSAX Alex and KRWF Redwood Falls)
KAAL Austin/Albert Lea
WDIO/WIRT Duluth/Hibbing

KSTP has that crappy replays of news. Yeah like I want to see the 6AM hour of the morning news at 10:00AM.........yet WDIO/WIRT has RTV on the 2nd channel

Hey Hubbard..Add RTV to KSTP. You already have it on sister station WDIO :mad:

Ice, I agree no more weather channels. The weird thing is that the two Sinclair stations here....Well Cincinnati's station only has one channel used to be My Net Tv. Guess they may be adding a new sub for Cool Tv. The other station in Dayton has had This Tv on as their second channel. Maybe they are gonna drop This Tv or add a third channel. Should be interesting here to see how they rearrange the channels. Blind

blindowl
yeah here we have 2...when the ABC station isnt showing reruns of the news (seriously...who would watch that) they have just a radar pic. The NBC use to be part of Weather Plus until it went belly up. Now they partnered with Weathernation, a company who conveniently is run by their former weather guy ;)

Sinclair owns the CW here and the 2nd channel is just SD. Maybe they'll drop that and use it for this station :)

yay!
We will get it...from thecool website

Cities About to Get COOL!

Tampa, FL
Minneapolis, MN
St. Louis, MO
Pittsburgh, PA
Baltimore, MD
Raleigh-Durham, NC
Nashville, TN
Cincinnati, OH
Columbus, OH
Asheville, Greeenville, Spartenberg
San Antonio, TX
Birmingham/Tuscallosa, AL WABM
Norfolk, VA
Oklahoma City, OK
Winston-Salem, Greensborro NC
Buffalo, NY
Richmond, VA
Pensacola, FL
Lexington, KY
Charleston, WV
Dayton, OH
Flint, MI
Des Moines, IA
Portland, ME

Cape Girardeau, MO

Paducha KY
Rochester, NY
Syracuse, NY
Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, IL
Madison, WI
Cedar Rapids, IA
Charleston, SC
Tallahassee, FL
Peoria Bloomington, IL

THECOOLTV_SinclairTelevisionGroup
We will too! :D:up

Doesnt matter much to me one way or the other about CoolTV, but as far as digital subchannels, the Major Cleveland stations are pretty sorry in that regard..

3-WKYC Gannett (NBC) (3-2) Weather Channel-Just various satellite maps
5 WEWS Scripps (ABC) No subchannels
8 WJW Local TV LLC (Fox) No subchannels
19 WOIO Raycom (CBS) (19-2) Weather-There are graphics and forecasters here, unlike WKYC
25 WVIZ PBS (25-2)Ohio Channel (25-3)PBS World (25-4) Create (25-9) Reading for the Blind
43 WUAB Raycom (MYTV) (43-2) ThisTV
61 WQHS Univision No subchannels

Tim,
Wow sounds like you've got a lousy choice like we do in the southern part of Ohio. In Cincy we have NBC with a weather sub...ABC with a weather sub.....CBS with a CW sub in SD. Our low power station here is at least progressive....RTV/RTV, Jewelry Tv and a few others there. PBS all over the place between Dayton, Cincy and Northern KY. The Dayton channels and subs are about the same choices. Not sure at this point why some stations that have two channels would bother showing the same thing on both channels. At least they could put something decent on the sub and creat some added revenue...Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts