New Navigator Guide coming (BHN Tampa Bay):

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
As the title says I just got an insert in my bill (as I'm sure many of you will as well) saying that Bright House Networks will soon rollout a new guide software called Digital Navigator which is an in house made program guide by Time Warner Cable.

I'm just letting you all know that while this new guide will contain many new features that many of us have wanted it most likely will also come with many severe bugs like most all other Time Warner Cable markets have had while deploying this guide software.

I will sticky this thread and in the future please post any and all issues good or bad you are having with the new guide once released in this thread. Also post in this thread when you get the new guide software downloaded and if you can please provide some pictures too.

Also this thread is mainly for the Tampa Bay market but any Bright House Networks market using Scientific Atlanta hardware who gets this new guide please feel free to post this in the thread but please provide at least your state and county so we all can know what has rolled out where etc.

Again please keep this thread for Bright House Networks customers only which means no Time Warner Cable customers getting in the mix "unless" you can answer questions based on having the exact same issues. Sorry to be so strict but things will be tough enough to follow once those bugs start showing up we need to keep it simple.

As the title says I just got an insert in my bill (as I'm sure many of you will as well) saying that Bright House Networks will soon rollout a new guide software called Digital Navigator which is an in house made program guide by Time Warner Cable.

I'm just letting you all know that while this new guide will contain many new features that many of us have wanted it most likely will also come with many severe bugs like most all other Time Warner Cable markets have had while deploying this guide software.

I will sticky this thread and in the future please post any and all issues good or bad you are having with the new guide once released in this thread. Also post in this thread when you get the new guide software downloaded and if you can please provide some pictures too.

Also this thread is mainly for the Tampa Bay market but any Bright House Networks market using Scientific Atlanta hardware who gets this new guide please feel free to post this in the thread but please provide at least your state and county so we all can know what has rolled out where etc.

Again please keep this thread for Bright House Networks customers only which means no Time Warner Cable customers getting in the mix "unless" you can answer questions based on having the exact same issues. Sorry to be so strict but things will be tough enough to follow once those bugs start showing up we need to keep it simple.

I didn't see that in my bill this week, but knew this was coming from an article in the newspaper several months ago. Any timetable?

yes ive gotten the insert read it over, cant wait, bh guide needs alot of help. the feature i hate the most in the guide is you cant customize the guide, you have to go through all the pay per view and all the channels you dont pay for. cAnt wait for the new guide

yes ive gotten the insert read it over, cant wait, bh guide needs alot of help. the feature i hate the most in the guide is you cant customize the guide, you have to go through all the pay per view and all the channels you dont pay for. cAnt wait for the new guide

They are fixing that. I did a google search for TW digital navigator and it pulled up a kansas city tw site. I read all about the new guide, as they just had it implemented too. You can sort your favoites. Hopefully it will let us block out all those PPVs and shopping channels if we dont' want them.

The existing software--after using TiVo--is like hitting yourself in the face with a rake. Short of not functioning, I'm not sure how they can make it worse. Virtually any change will be for the better.

I'm looking forward to the new software. Besides, if they screw it up, there's always D*.

My subject line should have answered that question or at least I thought it would. Yes the Tampa Bay Bright House Networks market will soon be getting this guide update. I'm in Largo, FL which is in the BHN Tampa Bay market and my latest bill said the new Navigator guide was coming.

How were you informed of the new functions on the remote?
i had gotten one of those inserts and read that and went to the bh website, which really didnt give any info, but i knew to press a on the remote for the access menu, so i just pushed it to see what would happen but i hope for more features soon

that is not the navigator software they are going to update us with...this is what the guide should look like when we get the update too...just google it and find reviews and images, these are the ones I could find from reviews. It is a TW product just like start over...that bar looks kinda like the new guides PVR bar, they have already taken code out of navigator seeing as how start over is made by TW and rebranded for brighthouse. Looks like a much better guide to compete with FiOS new guide

guide1.jpg

guide2.jpg

guide3.jpg

guide4.jpg

EngadgetHD article about TWC's rollout of the Navigator software:

Time Warner Cable starts rolling out new Navigator, more HD soon? - Engadget HD

Lovely... here we are looking forward to this new guide system and your link contains people complaining about it and saying we don't want it. Now I am skeptical about whether it is a good thing. I am assuming that it is fine and these are people that are afraid of change. They don't like change pushed upon them. I'm sure Navigator will be fine. Can't be any worse than what they have now.

It has its good and bad. The bad is its new and buggy, much like Vista or XP during its initial launch. But it will give TWC/BHN a huge advantage having their own software thus making new additions easier.

It allows them to do:

Start Over
SDV
Caller ID on TV
more organized and connected on-demand content.
add new features faster, as the software is "modular"

It has its good and bad. The bad is its new and buggy, much like Vista or XP during its initial launch. But it will give TWC/BHN a huge advantage having their own software thus making new additions easier.

It allows them to do:

Start Over
SDV
Caller ID on TV
more organized and connected on-demand content.
add new features faster, as the software is "modular"

We've had "Start Over" in St. Pete since January or so but do not have the new guide. I hated Start Over so much that I called to have it turned off. Others that I have talked to hate it too. It isn't something that everybody loves. I figure that since I have a DVR on both my main TVs, and they record back an hour of what I am watching, that is good enough for me. I don't watch anything live anyway, except news or sports, so if I switch over to Discovery Channel and see something I like, 9 times out of 10 it is on again and I record the next broadcast of the show on my DVR and watch it later.

I can see where Start Over would be useful to people without a DVR, but I don't like it.

Caller ID on TV only works if you have their phone service, but even if I could use it with my Vonage line I don't need it. I am not so wrapped up in TV that I can't turn away and look at the caller ID on my phone when it rings.

I am looking forward to better searching in the guide, setting up a favorites guide that has no limit so I can hide the shopping channels, PPV and such (if that can be done), and of course I am looking forward to SDV, since it will open the door for more channels.

... I am not so wrapped up in TV that I can't turn away and look at the caller ID on my phone when it rings. ....
Boy, does this ever so succinctly sum up what we have become. Think about it: a change that keeps you from having to turn your head for two seconds is viewed as "something we need."

We have a family member in the hospital, and as a result, I have seen almost no TV for a week. You know what, my life didn't end. Imagine that.

Iso, I just read that link. OMG. Did you read the comments? I know that negatives are more likely to be posted than kudos, but did you read the CONTENT of the gripes (looking beyond the emotion)? The things they describe that the Navigator software does are a huge step backward--injecting operational annoyances, deletions, and so on that are simply amazingly stupid.

What is it with companies that do such as this? Why in the world would you put out a product that reduces functionality your customers currently have. Don't you know it will piss them off? Answer: they don't care. If they did, they would not do it. I think: this software is probably cheaper than Passport. They know they will lose some people, but calculate that the net effect dollar-wise will be in their favor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)