NEW NETWORK ISSUES

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Have (finally) been able to have DSL installed at my home in Baja Mexico. They use the "2 wire" modems here (Thompson TG585V7). Now the problem I've run into.

Hardwire (ethernet) to the Thompson modem works GREAT. However, when I attach the Thompson modem to my Linksys WRT54G router via ethernet cable I keep getting DNS server errors. I know the modem works (had it set up on another network). I want to use the Linksys because I have an external antenna up to extend the wireless signal range.

Did Linksys modem reset, changed WEP keys and Tx channels - no help.

Is it possible that the Thompson just isn't compatible with the Lynksys?

Out of ideas - input appreciated (I'm more of a satellite guy than a computer guy).

On mine, I had to disable the wireless in the 2 wire and set it to bridged mode and let the linksys handle all of the routing functions.

That may be your issue.

Hi,

This sounds like you haven't configured the router to connect with the modem correctly. I have DSL here and use PPPoE to with the DSL modem. Call your ISP and get the settings. You have to do some minor configuration.

By default most Linksys routers on the WAN port default after a "reset",change to DHCP to connect to the WAN device.

Hope this helps you out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)