New Office View

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
We recently rearranged office space and I was lucky enough to get a corner office with two windows. Check out my new view.

These belong to Bresnan Communications here in Casper. I'm told the largest dish is not currently being used. The smaller dishes are all tied to a fiber optic cable where all the signals are multiplexed. Somewhere in town, the signals are split out to their proper destinations.

Attachments

• PICT0532.JPG
    PICT0532.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 191
  • PICT0533.JPG
    PICT0533.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 219
Check out that dish on the left side. Does anyone know what kind of dish that is?

There's a vacant house with one of those behind it. I am kind of hesitant to try scrounging it. It looks heavy...

I see they have a propane tank assuming it fuels a stand by generator for power outages so everyone does not loose cable service if the power fails in that area.

I see they have a propane tank assuming it fuels a stand by generator for power outages so everyone does not loose cable service if the power fails in that area.

This shack just relays feeds to the main cable service. If Casper loses power, the customers can't watch anything.

Most likely the propane is used to heat and/or air condition the shack.
In the winter when the temps drop to -40F, it's no joy working inside or outside. With wind chill, temps can feel like -100F! :eek:

Some dishes are heated, especially if they are used in mission-critical reception. These heaters are powered by propane, so that might be the reason (among others) for the tank.

Some dishes are heated, especially if they are used in mission-critical reception. These heaters are powered by propane, so that might be the reason (among others) for the tank.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help - Cant find 3.5" OD Pole for C Band Dish

YUSA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)