new orleans hd locals

chuck6961

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Covington, La
i just saw on channel 75 in New Orleans it came up as "new:hd local channels in your area". keep in mind this was on the guide. when i selected the channel it said not available. what does this mean. could we be getting hd locals soon ?????

i just saw on channel 75 in New Orleans it came up as "new:hd local channels in your area". keep in mind this was on the guide. when i selected the channel it said not available. what does this mean. could we be getting hd locals soon ?????

Several locations are reporting seeing the same entries on the Program Guide - Albany and Rochester NY for example. It would be great if it meant locals are coming soon, but it may eventually turn into an information slate explaining when local might be expected or it could even be a mistake. But let's be optimistic.

75 is a video loop. I've got it here in Austin, and it says that Locals in HD were recently added, and get a free dish if you need it. And hyping the 100 channels by e-o-y 2008.

75 is a video loop. I've got it here in Austin, and it says that Locals in HD were recently added, and get a free dish if you need it. And hyping the 100 channels by e-o-y 2008.

Talking about it here...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/uplink-...6-18-2008-1-26pm-2-changes-4.html#post1410292
For new orleans it seems to be a mistake as hd locals arent even on the list for 2008 anymore:mad:

LER, i see you are in Round rock, texas. My cousin/godchild just got called up from aa corpus christi hooks to the AAA Round rock express.

If you can't view the video then it isn't for you.

If you're in New Orleans you'll have to wait or "move" to Birmingham, AL for now.

The bad thing is that 90% of the people in the New Orleans area will see this on channel 75, and if they don't know about Satelliteguy they will think it is the truth. I hope Dish gets tons of calls from the New Orleans area subs asking to get thier HD locals now that they are available. Maybe that will motavaite dish to move quicker with our HD locals since they will see how many people want them. I know this info on ch 75 is wrong, but I am going to pull dish's chain and call them and ask what I need to do to get my HD locals that ch 75 says are available.

The bad thing is that 90% of the people in the New Orleans area will see this on channel 75, and if they don't know about Satelliteguy they will think it is the truth. I hope Dish gets tons of calls from the New Orleans area subs asking to get thier HD locals now that they are available. Maybe that will motavaite dish to move quicker with our HD locals since they will see how many people want them. I know this info on ch 75 is wrong, but I am going to pull dish's chain and call them and ask what I need to do to get my HD locals that ch 75 says are available.

How did it turn out when you called?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts