New OTA Dongle and HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

toricred

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 6, 2004
New Mexico
I just received my OTA dongle for the HWS and installed it. I can scan for channels and 11 are found (I know there are more, but I was able to get the ones I wanted). Unfortunately I can't seem to get them to show up in the guide. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. BTW, I am running version 335 of the firmware.

I just figured it out and it's basically what you were saying. I had a list of favorites for my guide and I forgot to add the new channels to the favorites. As soon as I did that it just popped up. Thanks.

One more question. How do I get my timers to use the OTA tuner instead of my satellite tuners? I have several timers for shows on the CW which I can get with my OTA, I want to use the new dongle to free up one of the tuners on my HWS, but I can't figure out how to make the dongle be used first.

I understand that's how I watch shows, but what I'm after is getting my timers to record using that tuner instead of the satellite tuner. This is not one of the big 4 networks so it's not included in PTAT, although I sure wish it was.

No, you have to replace the timers... So, you go to your timers schedule, delete the timer and then replace it using the OTA tuner.

I have got PTAT enabled. I don't expect AutoHop on the channels I use the OTA dongle for since they aren't part of the big 4 networks.

You just have to have ptat enabled for one day and then set your OTA timers for those same prime time programs. That is what people have stated triggers auto hop to appear on OTA recordings.
And only one channel. I then move the day of the week to the one before the next day. Thus PTAT does not interfere with my choices.
I get all big-4 locals on one tuner and this for 24 hours/day.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)