New OTA HD channels in Puerto Rico Metro Area

Hi, I was doing some researching online about the Over The Air free channels that are available in San Juan Puerto Rico, and I came across this post. It sounds like you are the person to ask questions. I would really appreciate your assistance.

For the first year that I lived in Puerto Rico, I had Dish Network. Everything is still mounted on my roof, and I still have the receiver. The problem is that as a student, money is tight, and after the promotional year of Dish Network we cancelled the service. I am considering putting an antenna on the roof by my dish to try to pick up some over the air channels and had the following questions:

- How many OTA channels do you get?
- Are they all in HD?
- I assume you get all of the major networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX)?
- Do you know if I can run the OTA channels into a VIP 722k receiver and use the DVR functions that it provides?

Thank you so much! I am so glad that I found somebody that is actually in Puerto Rico. I would be very grateful for your help!

interesting....so do you get Fox too? I know all the US Nets that are on Puerto Rico are all owned by the same folks (LLK) and are on C-Band satellite :)

You can only get ABC, CW and the THIS channel via OTA in the San Juan, Ponce and Mayagues areas. I believe the local FOX is available OTA in the west area only. NBC Virgin Island which would be the local affiliate isn't available. I read somewhere they had plans to power the Fox channel in the San Juan area by winter 09, guess they are waiting for something.

if anyone has more info please share

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts