Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
NEW Papa John’s Pizza iTV Application Now Available on DishHOME interactive TV - Channel 100

On Wednesday, September 26th, DISH Network launched a new interactive television application with Papa John’s Pizza on DishHOME, channel 100. The new Papa John’s Application will be available to all customers with model 3900, 4900, 111, 211, 222, 301D, 301E, 311, 322, 351, 381, 411, 501, 508, 510, 522/625, 622, 811, 722, 942 and QAM receivers.

The new Papa John’s Application will be available in DishHOME, under Entertainment/Shopping listed as # 3 on most set top boxes.

The application will allow users to find their closest neighborhood Papa John’s and give them all of the store information. The application also gives menu information as well as the promotions that Papa John’s offers customers.

The Papa John's application will include the following screens:

·Landing Screen – which will also include the Restaurant Locator data, so users can find their local Papa John’s.

·Menu Screen – which will also include the Restaurant Locator data and will branch out to the following sub screens:
o Pizzas
o Sides
o Drinks
o Extras

·Specials Screen – which will also include the Restaurant Locator data, so users can find their local Papa John’s.

·More Papa Screen – This includes the following items: Vote Papa, Our Story, Better Ingredients, & Papa Gift Card.

How much is Papa John paying Charlie for this? How long before McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and Wal Mart saturate the bandwidth?

If they could add the feature to order my pizza through the ethernet connection, then it would be a good feature.

As strange as this one is, at least they aren't throwing installers to the wolves with niche marketing like P* did. Prepaid Legal and Primerica. Those were some interesting customers.

Anyway, I think it would be cool to order from the papa with the remote. Only, I don't have a phone and I don't live where they deliver, anyway. I have to commute for my papa's.

:(

Heh, it refers you to their website to order online.... But my Dish receiver is "online". The graphics are horrible too. There's some fine print that I can't read because it's too fuzzy.

Speaking of graphics, is there a reason why they can't use higher-res graphics ? I understand not everyone has HDTVs but it will look great on them and will be down-rezzed on SDTVs and will probably look better than the current ones.

Heh, it refers you to their website to order online.... But my Dish receiver is "online". The graphics are horrible too. There's some fine print that I can't read because it's too fuzzy.

"Not all items available in all restaurants. Please visit ww w.papajohns.com or call or visit your local Papa John's for complete menu information. Thank you."

-SNT

Damn, who's running Dish's programming department! Whoever they are, they don't have a clue! I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch a all commerical channel or a pizza ad all the time! Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz! WT_!

I see dish is spending the money we send them every month and putting it to good use.

Get real charlie I want HD not pizza

I doubt they are using the money we send them for this. More likely they are getting something in return from Papa John's... like free pizza for Charlie! Kind of like when I used to be a manager at a movie theater and I got free pizza from Domino's for movie tickets.

Shopping channels pay Dish, Papa John's pays Dish. All the better for us. And if we can one day actually click and ORDER pizza, so much the better. I'd gladly be the first to order that way.

Well, on the upside, now we don't have to get upset when people refer to DBS as "Oh, those little pizza dishes!" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)