new policy at Voom - if you downgrade VAVAVOOM no more free plus pack

I was a charter member up to about 2 hours ago. I called voom and for 30 minutes, I discussed with the CSR that last month VOOM said I had until the end of April to cancel. They said that they are not giving refunds and couldn't find any record of my March discussion. I hung up ultimately, very frustrated, and called back and talked with someone else.

The new CSR found my March phone call, and said that the supervisor approved the refund but it will take 3 to 6 weeks to get the $750 + tax back.

If you want your refund, expect a hassle. But you best log your request. They wouldn't give me a record locator, send an email to me, etc.

I hope I am doing the right thing, but there is no plus pack benefit for VaVaVOOM. Charter members pay the same as everyone else. They should at least discount the VaVaVOOM package by one plus pack. I hope on May 1 VOOM doesn't make some announcement that charter members that stuck with it get some kind of bonus option. But by my calculation, it will take 50 months to break even by owning the box, and without any other incentive, I bailed. I am confident a new box will be out within that time frame, and I don't want to be stuck with this box, or a fee to upgrade. It is simply cheaper to rent. Their rental deal is excellent, in my opinion.

I also think VOOM is an excellent service, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

For what thats all worth, make sure you called them last month.

The advantage to being a charter member

Hi:
When I read on the satelliteguys board that VOOM was not honoring their extension of the MBG until the end of this month for charter members I called VOOM to confirm. The CSR confirmed that the MBG ends on 4/30/04 for charter members. I then asked if charter members who chose the VA VA VOOM package could switch back to the basic package plus the one free plus pack. The answer was no. I asked if charter members were told of the inability to switch back when they were called to select a programming option two months ago. The answer was no. I then asked if charter members could switch from the purchase option to the lease option without having the system un-installed and re-installed. The answer was no. I then asked if charter members would receive upgraded boxes as they come out during the three years it takes to make up for the difference in price between the purchase plan and the lease plan. The answer was no. I then asked "So what is the advantage to being a charter member as opposed to a current lease customer?" The answer was "The advantage is, that when you cancel you service at the end of April, you will have received four months of free programming."
Joseph

I'm a charter subscriber but I never called in to select my "free plus pack". I've been receiving all the channels including premiums (HBO* MAX* STRZ*). Should I be worried at this point if I call in to select my packs that they'll somehow switch me to the regular $39.99 deal? Or is it safe to call in? I'm not looking to call them on the MBG or signup for VaVaVoom.

Thanks.

Should I be worried at this point if I call in to select my packs that they'll somehow switch me to the regular $39.99 deal?
Probably. I don't think that $39.99 w/ a premium of choice is available for anyone now, except for those that already have it.

From what I understand, the free programming expired on April 1 for original charter members, so you should have gotten a call. Are you sure you are not paying for VaVaVoom this month? The charge would be deducted from your programming credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)