New promotion at DISH : Get up to 3 hd receivers for FREE!

Some people can afford to dump a few grand on an HD TV (many you get get for under a grand now, even $500 or less) because they saved money by NOT having to pay the gouging fees!

You'll get no argument form me on fees. I despise them.. To me, fees are just extra charges for doing nothing.

went to directv.com and dishnetwork.com to build account and figure out costs for 3 hd-dvr's

d* 497.00 up front with monthly costs 21.00 (three 5.00 leases fees 1 dvr fee)

e* 200.00 up front monthly costs 24.00 (or 14 with aep)

Yeah, with FOUR DVR FEES!!! THREE ADDITIONAL OUTLET FEES!!! Yeah, I am sure they would. $6+$7=$13 per month PER ADDITIONAL BOX. That sure adds up.

True, but to some people it is worth it, and the cost is NO OBJECT. Each of their family members gets their own dual tuner HD DVR and all for lease, meaning for far less upfront than with any other carrier, not at full retail. Also, some of these whales get AEP anyway, and have all the DVR fees waived. It really comes down to personal choice. We all know folks who like one sat company but not the other. There are Direct fans and Dish fans, so to each his own. Dish has different solutions for different people, families and incomes. As to your remark about the extra DVR fees cost, my rich uncle would say, "No problem." He really does say that when some merchants inform him of a high cost item. Since he can afford it, he gets what he wants. It's part of being rich, and he really enjoys his life.

Last edited:
Thats why alot of people in my area sign with D* The fact they just charge a flat DVR fee.:rant:

But higher for the packages. I've done the comparison, and even with all the infamous Dish fees, Direct for me would still be more expensive. I think in many instances, it all evens out.

You do not..You are grandfathered..That promotion does not exist for new customers.

It was never a "promotion." But are you certain that AEP no longer waives the DVR fees because the only reason a good friend of mine got AEP with his 4 612's is because Dish told him that AEP would waive all the DVR fees, and that was just last month?

Service Date(s)
Previous Balance
Aug 08 Credit Card Payment -132.75
Sep 03 - Oct 02 DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
GoldHD 10.00
Superstation Package KWGN 5.99
PlatinumHD 10.00
America's Everything Pak 109.98
Leased Receiver Fee 7.00
HD Solo DVR Receiver 7.00
Nov 08 ClubDISH Cr 9 of 10 - Adjustment -5.00​
Aug 18 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 1.61

I might be grandfathered in....not sure.........i have 2 722k receivers and 1 612 receiver.....some time since my last statement i called in and got the platinum hd fee removed from my account also....maybe that will help

Actually it's worse! It's a $5 DVR fee and a $7 additional HD receiver (or lease) fee. I'm paying 2 X $12 for 2 VIP612's.

I'm a new customer w/ 2 722ks. Just got my first bill. There's a note in a box on the right that sez "taxable equipment rental fee of $7/month (MPEG4 HD receivers) or $5/month (standard definition and MPEG2 HD receivers) is included in your promotional base programming package price"

So you're both right :)

Mark