New Rainfade Solution

Status
Please reply by conversation.
tvropro,

sorry to hijack your thread, but had a question about the 1.2 meter dish:

The website that has the 1.2 meter dish for $159.99 also has these options:

add
110/119 kit (alaska/hawaii) ( +$50.00 ) (+6lbs)
99/101/103 kit (alaska/hawaii) ( +$120.00 ) (+8lbs)
AZ/EL mount (alaska/hawaii) ( +$180.00 ) (+12lbs)
roof/wall mount (alaska/hawaii) ( +$170.00 ) (+10lbs)
SF 100 meter + jump cable + tool ( +$12.00 ) (+0.4lbs)

So to get 99/101/103 you would need:
Dish $159.99
99/101/103 kit $120.00
AZ/EL mount $180.00
Total $459.99

I sent them an email, but have not heard from them yet. I can't get one yet, but some ppl down "south" have been looking hard for a set-up like this. :)

You could probably make shift something cheaper but if you want a simple install with all parts etc in one place get the direct stuff. If your a tinkerer look around design & build. I know I could adapt a SL3 LNBF to my 90cm if I tried.

Update

Well I just had a big storm roll through. Lost my signal but only for about 3 minutes. Much better than 20 minutes with the Slimline. So does it work yes, 100% no. I miss C band this storm wouldn't have even phased it. :(

Does anyone know at what signal number a Direct receiver dumps you?

it can rain pitchforks and my c band never went out...signal quality didn't even hardly drop much on c band. I think it does not really matter at some point what size dish you have for ku band since rain drops resonate with the ku signal and can totally block it out. Now we have to like like the rest of the population....losing satellite in the rain LOL....Oh the days of the Big Beautiful Dish.

Yes C band always worked no matter what. All we can do with ku is get it up to a point to minimize as much as possible. I think it has more to do with the moisture in the cloud than anything else since I loose the signal in the beginning of the storm then it recovers while the storm is in progress. All I can hope for is that when it rains the uplinks turn off the encryption on the c band masters and I can watch my bud.

I want my Bud subs back. Stupid NPS and Charlie :rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.